• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Just got a call from Roehl recruiter

jamesgang

I was wondering if there is any current comments on Roehl. My current driving job has little to no hometime and I have been looking for one with more. Anyone on their 7/3, 7/4 hometime routes? I don't need a ton of miles (even considering 7/7). Any imput would be appreciated.

Roehl (pronounced RAIL) has had a 7/7 schedule for years now. I don't really know anyone on it, or even anyone that works there, but they seem to only have grown over the years, so they are doing something right. Business wise anyway.

I hate to do this, but (Brand X Forum) which I really don't like, btw. I think the rules over there are insane - has a lot more information.

I have a friend who works for roehl.. Hes not on the 7/7 thing but he seems to get every weekend to every other weekend off. He left them for a local job but when he wasnt getting good pay he went back to them. He is in the flatbed divison and that might make some difference but the one good thing about them is theres always some frieght since they pull different kinds of trailers. Depending on where you live will make the difference in time off. even with my bad experience with them I think they arent to bad of a company.

What is 7/7?seven days on and off 7 days?Good luck at finding a company that'll actually do that.I knew somebody that drove for roehl and he really liked the company.They were always good about getting him home.But he found a job hauling piggybacks and pays alot more.

I don't know really. I never even considered it, because ROEHL is a big company. Of course, here I am at ATS...an even bigger company but that's besides the point!

I would be skeptical of such a thing though because I mean...what if you're scheduled to run your 7 days on say - over Christmas?

Do they force you to go?

Screw that.

Well, I sat and thought about it. Just gonna stay put with this company. If I were to go elsewhere now, it would make me look like a job hopper. Best just to stick with what I've got.

ROEHL 7/3-7/4

I did the 7/3-7/4 they do the best to get you home . my experience was not a lot of miles and a lot of sitting over the weekends and they did get
get me home most of the time . but if your not concerned about money or miles it wasnt a bad place to work. people were good to work with.

I worked for Roehl two times, cummulative 1.5 years as both company driver and contractor. Yes, 7/7 means 7 work, 7 home. You're right, it's hard to make good money doing that b/c you don't get as many miles. Also, you share a truck and you won't get any weekends off b/c you dispatch out on Saturday's and get back Friday's. The question about holidays - if it is your scheduled holdiday (7 on) yes, you are expected to work it. A better option if you have a family is the 7/3, 7/4 option. Go out 7, home 3, out 7, home 4. Again, not as many miles as a national driver. Regarding all the other questions and comments about Roehl - I have nothing bad to say about driving for them; however, I went into the office to try dispatch and it SUCKED. LOTS of drama and politics with low pay. Their health insurance isn't very good, but driving for them is good compared to a lot of other companies.

I worked for Roehl two times, cummulative 1.5 years as both company driver and contractor. Yes, 7/7 means 7 work, 7 home. You're right, it's hard to make good money doing that b/c you don't get as many miles. Also, you share a truck and you won't get any weekends off b/c you dispatch out on Saturday's and get back Friday's. The question about holidays - if it is your scheduled holdiday (7 on) yes, you are expected to work it. A better option if you have a family is the 7/3, 7/4 option. Go out 7, home 3, out 7, home 4. Again, not as many miles as a national driver. Regarding all the other questions and comments about Roehl - I have nothing bad to say about driving for them; however, I went into the office to try dispatch and it SUCKED. LOTS of drama and politics with low pay. Their health insurance isn't very good, but driving for them is good compared to a lot of other companies.

Which office did you dispatch out of?

Roehl has dry van, refer, flat bed and curtainside. Check out their website for details on pay for each division and hometime option in the career section.

I dont know im out at least a month sometimes longer and home for 4 days or so and im going nuts im more then ready to go back out lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread