Just got a 1998 mechanical Fontaine RGN 3rd Axle Flip Trailer

If I could look at how your Fontaine is put together I might be able to tell you how to carry the axle in the down position, but with the tires off the ground. It works well with Trail King and XL trailers (which are basically a clone of the Trail King, the flip axles will interchange). But your trailer might be different.
Carrying it this way caused a couple of troopers and scale people to scratch their heads, but it's legal and there isn't anything they can do. A New Jersey trooper drove on the shoulder beside me for a couple of miles looking at it and wondering why the wheels weren't turning. A scale guy in Georgia insisted that it had to be air or hydraulics holding the axle off the ground. I told him he better go back and make sure of his information. He did, and a few minutes later stuck his head out the scale door and waved me on.

Hello I’m new here. I know this is an old post but if you read this I would like to know how to raise the wheels on the flip axle as you mentioned. I have a trail king. I would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread