June 19th Rally around Albany NY Truckers and Citizens United

4x4

TACU
Truckers and Citizens United
Upcoming events TACU
Rally around Albany, NY June 19th , make your loads now Drivers to Albany, NY,
Make your plans drive, walk or crawl lets make our statement Loud. we plan On taking it by storm. More information to come in the coming days
If you cant be there Light up the Switch Boards, stop your trucks and educate Americans...

and the information piles in.

Truckers & WROW Talkers Unite to Force Action on Gas Prices
Folks, WROW is about to be part of what promises to make national headlines as we join up with truckers and workin’ stiffs struggling with gas prices... we are going to shut down the New York State Government on June 19. The Capitol building will be ringed by an expected 400 big rigs, all leaning on their air horns at the same time, and nobody moves until the governor walks out the door and addresses our concerns.
Our convoy will assemble in Fultonville (the base will be at the Betty Beaver Truck Stop) Thursday June 19 and hit the road at 9:00 AM sharp. We expect to parade down State Street in Albany by 10:00 AM and encircle the Capitol Building. Join us at any point along the way in your own vehicle! Be heard! Be seen! Take back our state! ATTENTION TRUCKERS - FOR CONVOY DETAILS AND MORE INFORMATION (INCLUDING TOLL REIMBURSMENT) CALL (800) 724-5345.
Mark Williams will be with the convoy and reporting all morning long on the Scotto Show, both Mark & Scotto will then have live reports from the Capitol during the Glen Beck & Bill O’Reilly shows. Extensive coverage and your calls in the afternoon, beginning at 2:00 on the Mark Williams WROW show
CONVOY TO THE CAPITOL is an ad-hoc association of independent truckers and private citizens in cooperation with Truckers & Citizens of New York United and the Fultonville truck stops in association with the News/Talk 590 WROW AM Scott “Scotto” Allen Miller show and the Mark Williams Show
Listen to News/Talk 590 WROW for more details and continuing updates
Background: the state senate passed a gas tax “holiday” but assembly speaker Silver refuses to allow a vote in his house. Mark Williams listeners have been pelting his office with telephone calls and emails (and doing the same to other key assembly democrats). Mark has also been promoting assembly minority leader Jim Tedisco’s gas tax holiday petition, which some 40,000 people have already signed. The truckers have secured agreements from drivers nation-wide to completely boycott Manhattan Island if this doesn’t work.

I have an idea.. let me know what you think. How about you get us some phone #'s for govenment offices and email addresses in NY. Right before you all roll in there we can organize for everyone to call and email. I mean flood those offices. Set up an email where everyone sends the same thing. Let them deal with the phone ringing off the wall and their emails flooded with the exact same email.. it will show our strenght. I really think it could send a strong message..

Not to burst bubble, but did you catch the message from NY governor that they still weren't gonna do anything and to take it up with the big oil companies?
That's because they didn't shut down NYC. That's the next step. We can do the same in Atlanta (the little apple) where big wheels in the South are, like Ted CNN Turner.

Not to burst bubble, but did you catch the message from NY governor that they still weren't gonna do anything and to take it up with the big oil companies?
That's because they didn't shut down NYC. That's the next step. We can do the same in Atlanta (the little apple) where big wheels in the South are, like Ted CNN Turner.
Yes, I watched the Gov.'s speach, not impressed. I'm afraid i would have had to BOOOOO him.
Yesterday I was checking out other web sites, I came across United CDL.org, they are requesting the same thing, that everyone needs to contact the government and they are talking about shutdowns. This is a fairly small web site. My point would be that we are not the only ones fighting.

That was a little encouraging (one day I'll figure out how to put those red-letter web links in a post)
I know y'all are hearing the frusration grow with the government response (lack of)
Lets just remember no matter whats said or done ,we all love this country too much to just do nothing

That was a little encouraging (one day I'll figure out how to put those red-letter web links in a post)
I know y'all are hearing the frusration grow with the government response (lack of)
Lets just remember no matter whats said or done ,we all love this country too much to just do nothing
I am toooo hard headed to give up. You know women, we don't give up until we win a fight. lol

agreed but if you listen to the speech he said he will meet with reps from tacu to talk over issues
he didn't have to come out to us he just did it so give him a break he wasn't prepared at all
just thought i'de throw that in there

agreed but if you listen to the speech he said he will meet with reps from tacu to talk over issues
he didn't have to come out to us he just did it so give him a break he wasn't prepared at all
just thought i'de throw that in there
Again nothing against the effort - it was outstanding, I still criticize the government's response.
I maintain the governor did have to come and meet with you. As an employee you are his boss, period.
And as far as talking about issues - time for talk is over - time for ACTION.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread