Jugs of Pee

Cybergal

jugsofpee.gif

Jugs of Pee appear to be a national epidemic, although reports continue to emanate chiefly from the West. The littering of highways with urine-filled plastic bottles is traditionally linked to weak bladdered long-haul rig drivers, despite official denials by trucker trade associations. Now authorities suspect a crossover into the general driving population, judging by the amount of bottles surprising road crews. Crews in southeastern Washington state reported over 1,000 bottles in a one month period for a 100 mile section of highway.
The bottles are predominantly plastic beverage containers from convenience stores -- milk, juice, etc. Capped and thrown from a moving vehicle, some retain their seal. In the summer heat, urine bottles build up pressure and when nudged by a clean-up crew may explode, or be spun into the air by lawnmower blades.
Urine-filled Bottles. Roadside America

Absolutely no reason to throw things like this out on the ground. I won't fault a driver for using a container to urinate in, as sometimes you have to make due with what is available to you as the rest area that you were coming up to has a "closed" sign on it, but dispose of this stuff properly. At least put it in a trash can.

Agreed Bullwinkle! Just dump them when you get to the next truck stop or rest area. Those places always have plenty of trash cans.

I can imagine. What I would like to see is heavy fines for those who do this. There is no excuse at all for this sort of thing.

Well locally they make the convicts clean up the roadside. So for many of them I can see a great deal of humor in making them clean up the jugs...

doubt if I ever do this...lol...in da bottle that is...would never throw it out da window unless I saw my old boss on da side of da road....

I usually just pee on the ground....what's up with the bottle? :D

See fellas, it's not that easy for us girls. We can't write our name in the snow and I'll be damned if i'm going to squat over a bottle in the truck! I'll squat behind a bush if I need to, but a gal has to draw the line somewhere.

I get this a lot, Drivers come into my lot and go out to hook up and toss jugs of pee and trash onto the yard if they think no one is watching. We have a dumpster right up by my office for them and a few trash bins around, but some of them ignore them. They also will climb into the back of the trailers next to the one they are picking up and take a dump into it. Just a few freaks make everyone look bad.

Absolutely no reason to throw things like this out on the ground. I won't fault a driver for using a container to urinate in, as sometimes you have to make due with what is available to you as the rest area that you were coming up to has a "closed" sign on it, but dispose of this stuff properly. At least put it in a trash can.

I agree, sometimes you just can't hold it until the next rest area, but don't just chuck it out onto the road! Take care of your waste!

Stepping out to pee is no longer an option in some states. Indiana will give u a "Indecent exposure" ticket and label u a sex offender. BUT.......places like Walmart, who will allow us to park in thier lots, are geting tired of waking up to cider jugs. Gotta fuel every other day. Trash can right at fuel island for those too lazy to walk to the dumpster. (ever notice all the baby diapers next to the "cider jugs"???) have a good one.

I don't know any long-term truck driver who hasn't had to use a jug or container of some sorts when a rest area is shut down or facilities are miles away. Still, there are right ways and wrong ways to dispose of such things. The public should never have to come in contact with the containers!

I use the same 2-gal plastic container which I pour out when full.
I also add some waste tank deordizer that campers use in the holding tanks.
Wal Mart sells this in the automotive dept along with campers supplies.
This kills the bad smell and turns the color blue.

I never throw out jugs along the highway or any place else. Anyone doing this is only hurting all of us especially in lots that let us park.:banghead:

If you gotta go, you gotta go, but throwing the used containers out the window is retarded. There is no reason that you can't throw those in the trash when you stop. That is so disrespectful to the land and to those who have the misfortune of cleaing that sort of thing up.

I usually just pee on the ground....what's up with the bottle? :D

LOL Rocky! I don't know how many times I have called hubby and him not answer... Later I'll ask.. why didn't you answer the phone.. He'll say "you know how hard it is to hang off the side of a rig step and pee?" LOL I'm sure he's not really hanging off the side of the rig (well maybe lol) but yuck! I know he'd never use a bottle.. He's too lazy for that
View attachment 9261
View attachment 9261

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread