Job in Southeastern North Carolina

outerspacehillbilly

Looking for something in Southeastern North Carolina or a company that will at least get me home every couple weeks in that area. My wife and I have decided to move as soon as school is out and I need to find a new company to drive for. I currently pull a reefer but have done a little bit of everything except tankers. I have every endorsement available including Hazmat. If you know anything in the area or have any suggestions let me know. Thanks

Wilmington is a port city. There are a multitude of trucking companies operating out of that area. Obviously, there will be many drayage companies pulling containers in, and, out of there which should net a driver ample home time.

I know you said you lack the experience, but, tankers are hot in that area.

You can also look at the meat haulers that operate in the Eastern part of the state. Smithfield comes to my mind, without doing a lot of research.

Thanks guys I'll check that out. You don't know of any specific tanker outfits in that area do you 2XR I see you are from NC? We are moving just outside of Jacksonville between there and New Bern. I wouldn't mind pulling a tanker if i can find an outfit that will train me on them which I know most will if you have the driving experience.

Kenan is big...
Also, Horizon Tank Lines... I almost went to work for them.
Superior has a terminal there.
Tide Water Transportation (TWT) is based in that location.
There is a lot of agricultural work in the area. Lots of chicken, turkey, and, hog farms. There is feed to haul, livestock to move, and, meat to haul to market.

Nope... I'm in the foothills, or, North Central part of the state... 1.50 hours west of Raleigh, and, about a 30 minute drive into VA... The area you're looking at is maybe 4 hours away from me.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I got me a job lined up with an O/O who has a small fleet and his own authority hauling heavy equipment and military equipment pulling a stepdeck.

Well good deal sure beats driving for these big outfits.So when do u start?I bet you'll be making good money hauing heavy equipment.
Thanks for the replies fellas. I got me a job lined up with an O/O who has a small fleet and his own authority hauling heavy equipment and military equipment pulling a stepdeck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread