JERK OF THE DAY...

I felt the need to resurrect this thread to nominate a Prime driver for Asshole Of The Day. I'm west of St Louis in a large lot. Delivered at 9 eastern and came back to stage. The lot is 20% full. Found a decent spot by compass and settled in. Yup - 10 open spots to the left or right of me. My windows are down and I'm in the drivers seat enjoying the breeze. Then, a Prime truck pulls up right next to me, sets his reefer on high idle, drops the trailer and leaves. I picked this spot for wifi service and to position myself away from the sun. Is the brother clueless or just doesn't give a ****?

I felt the need to resurrect this thread to nominate a Prime driver for Asshole Of The Day. I'm west of St Louis in a large lot. Delivered at 9 eastern and came back to stage. The lot is 20% full. Found a decent spot by compass and settled in. Yup - 10 open spots to the left or right of me. My windows are down and I'm in the drivers seat enjoying the breeze. Then, a Prime truck pulls up right next to me, sets his reefer on high idle, drops the trailer and leaves. I picked this spot for wifi service and to position myself away from the sun. Is the brother clueless or just doesn't give a truck?

He's just clueless... BTW if you have an android phone you can download the foxfi app and use it to tether internet from your phone... much faster than any truck stop WiFi and the foxfi app doesn't need a rooted phone... of course if you are on limited data it might not be an option for you... I never have to worry about finding hotspots anywhere, I have 4g coverage almost everywhere.

If foxfi doesn't show up in your play store Google it and download it directly from Google instead of your carriers blocked play store... just enable your install from unknown sources option in your main menu under apps or maybe under security, depending on your android version...

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

Then, a Prime truck pulls up right next to me, sets his reefer on high idle,
There's no way to set it on "high idle". You can hit the "manual defrost" button but there's really never a need to do that. There's "continuous run" which will immediately make it rev up to get it's box temp brought back to the set-point but then it quiets down after it gets there, except for a defrost cycle about every 6 hours or whatever interval the company sets it to. Start/stop mode is far more annoying. Example, .. if the set point is 34 degrees, it'll run it down to maybe 32 degrees & shut off, then when it gets to 36 degrees it starts back up & runs full throttle to get it back down to 32. It averages 34. I'd rather listen to a steady drone than have it kicking on & off.

It's also possible that it was empty & he just had it washed out & set it to 89 degrees to dry it out, in which case it'll run at full throttle for a LONG time.

Primates are told to set the temp at 40 to dry it out after a washout.

I'm willing to bet that Prime dropped it where he did so he wouldn't disturb the other 4,729 drivers in the lot.

Or, he just wasn't thinking.

Or...he trolls this forum and dropped it where he did to see if he could make Cargo bitch.

There's no way to set it on "high idle". You can hit the "manual defrost" button but there's really never a need to do that. There's "continuous run" which will immediately make it rev up to get it's box temp brought back to the set-point but then it quiets down after it gets there, except for a defrost cycle about every 6 hours or whatever interval the company sets it to. Start/stop mode is far more annoying. Example, .. if the set point is 34 degrees, it'll run it down to maybe 32 degrees & shut off, then when it gets to 36 degrees it starts back up & runs full throttle to get it back down to 32. It averages 34. I'd rather listen to a steady drone than have it kicking on & off.

It's also possible that it was empty & he just had it washed out & set it to 89 degrees to dry it out, in which case it'll run at full throttle for a LONG time.
That is more than I ever wanted to know about reefer operations, now I have to go to the potty to clear my mind out!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread