• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

JB Hunt being sued following deadly Arkansas crash.

Mike

Lawsuit Filed Against J.B. Hunt Following Deadly Gravette Crash

This happened close to where I live.

From the sound of this news article, JB Hunt is about to lose a ton of money and get a bunch of attention they never wanted.

See something, say something, get fired for saying it, then the person you were trying to warn the company about goes and kills somebody just as you had warned.

If all this is as true as the article suggests, I hope the company gets hit hard, particularly those responsible for ignoring the danger.

From what I'm reading JB is fully at fault as much as the driver for ignoring the danger they were warned about.

From what I'm reading JB is fully at fault as much as the driver for ignoring the danger they were warned about.

This "should" result in a much larger settlement than the previous Walmart crash, and it should result in JB hunt being closely investigated.

That trainer should be filing an additional lawsuit of his own, immediately.

She was ejected. That means no seat belt!!!

A lot of my friends are police. They've told me stories about people not wearing seat belts so graphic I told them I don't want to hear them anymore.

She was ejected. That means no seat belt!!!

A lot of my friends are police. They've told me stories about people not wearing seat belts so graphic I told them I don't want to hear them anymore.
Not necessarily. I have been on accident scenes that the seat belts were connected and the driver ejected. Seat belts are designed to stop forward and lateral movement. Sometimes the physics of a roll over pull you out of the seat. This is why you wear more complete restraint systems when off roading or racing.

That is an auger trailer. Was he pulling dedicated Tyson Feed for the chicken houses?

This was my buddy's truck. Coming home from a snow mobile trip a few years ago. Two sleds on the back. Sleds each held down with four 1" straps. All broke. This is at the bottom. We started sliding sideways on the road. Hit the snow bank on the side of the truck and down the hill we went. Have no idea how many times we rolled. Both of us had seat belts on. Doesn't look like it from the pic but truck was totaled.

We were covered in beer. All the cans opened up and sprayed us. Asked the cop why he's not doing a breath test. He said he could tell we weren't drinking and it's common for all types of cans to open up on a rollover. No damage to the sleds at all.

roll.jpg

Not necessarily. I have been on accident scenes that the seat belts were connected and the driver ejected. Seat belts are designed to stop forward and lateral movement. Sometimes the physics of a roll over pull you out of the seat. This is why you wear more complete restraint systems when off roading or racing.

That is an auger trailer. Was he pulling dedicated Tyson Feed for the chicken houses?

Ten years in fire/rescue.. I've seen seatbelts fail in some pretty spectacular ways, with horrible results. Still, that same ten years' experience showed me you're much better off using it than not.

This was my buddy's truck. Coming home from a snow mobile trip a few years ago. Two sleds on the back. Sleds each held down with four 1" straps. All broke. This is at the bottom. We started sliding sideways on the road. Hit the snow bank on the side of the truck and down the hill we went. Have no idea how many times we rolled. Both of us had seat belts on. Doesn't look like it from the pic but truck was totaled.

We were covered in beer. All the cans opened up and sprayed us. Asked the cop why he's not doing a breath test. He said he could tell we weren't drinking and it's common for all types of cans to open up on a rollover. No damage to the sleds at all.

View attachment 32293
Judging from the snowmobiling I have seen you must have been on your way to the trail if you had beer left. Your wreck the seat belts worked, but being struck and going airborne might be different. No two wrecks are the same.

Ten years in fire/rescue.. I've seen seatbelts fail in some pretty spectacular ways, with horrible results. Still, that same ten years' experience showed me you're much better off using it than not.

Agreed just pointing out ejection does not preclude seat belt use.

Judging from the snowmobiling I have seen you must have been on your way to the trail if you had beer left.

Ha ha ha. No, on the way home. I really can't drink. All the other guys are firemen, THEY CAN DRINK!!!

Mike, the man who warned JB was a dispatcher for Simmons Foods, JB has come in to the chicken companies and taken over the feed haul, it has been a disaster due to JB's requirements. Seems that they don't want some of the older drivers, why?? JB has taken over the feed and live haul at OK Foods in Heavener, Oklahoma. I really don't know why anyone would want to haul feed due to the horrible roads and conditions, tears a truck up pretty fast!!

Yeah those auger wagons are pretty unforgiving on the roads. But your right some of the places you have to deliver o_O

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread