I've met this loser

Ya if the guy wasn't bothering anyone. Other than his odor which im pretty sure is still decriminalized. Oh and I don't fly anymore.

TruckingBiker

I haven't flown commercial since before 2001. I have however, flown quite a bit in private planes. No TSA there.

I hear that and some of the bus drivers are so rude.It's like if u don't like your job then quit,don't take your anger out on us.Far as comfort goes Jefferson is'nt too bad.
I hate greyhound! They are the bottom feeding slum lord of transportation. I would truly have to be desperate to get back on one of those sub-way lines.

TruckingBiker

Ya if the guy wasn't bothering anyone. Other than his odor which im pretty sure is still decriminalized. Oh and I don't fly anymore.

TruckingBiker

I haven't been on a commercial flight since 2004. But I decided I won't ever fly commercial again since the TSA adopted their perverted crotch-grabbing policy.

Flying commercial airliners has become more of a hassle than a convenience. I last flew to a company orientation from NV to MO back in '09, and haven't been on a plane since. If I had the choice between taking a flight, riding a bus, or driving then I would rather just drive.

I have never once ridden on a bus that wasn't yellow.

You should catch a ride on a Greyhound at least once. The terminals are usually riddled with bums, drug junkies, the homeless, and weirdos galore. The restroom on the bus is worse than an outhouse, and if your luck is like mine, you may have the unfortunate chance to run into people who don't bathe.

Almost like hanging out in the driver's lounge at one of these big-chain "travel centers"!

I didn't know those buses even had bathrooms in them.

I once bobtailed a driver and his 12 yr old boy to a bus terminal in Sioux City. He had just been fired for the unauthorized passenger. The boy was cool but his old man was a dumbass. Anyway we get down to the bus depot and the kid's dad went inside to check in and this homeless native american bum came up asking for a quarter. So I gave him a quarter and he said thank you and left. I said "f***ing bum" and the 12 yr old kid was laughing his ass off. He'd never heard the word "bum" before or something. He didn't have an accent so I don't think he was using the british interpretation of the word.

Don't you just love being approached by random people at truck stops and bus depots? It's annoying. I worked day labor once when I didn't have a job, and they hire just about anyone. These people that beg know that they can work, but they're just lazy drug addicts.

One time I walked up to a driver at a truck stop. I said "Hi, I have a job and I make pretty good money, and I don't need anything from you. Have a nice day" then I walked away. The guy was laughing.

Hey you made a very valid point,we can drink on planes why not busses.

Actually there are good reasons. Typically the kind of people who take buses are less sophisticated/civilized than air passengers; and there are no air marshals on buses. Also: allot of people have a fear of flying and the airlines want to keep then sedated.

On an airliner, there's something called a "cockpit door" that can be closed when some drunk bastard gets a little rowdy.

Here in NC you can't even have a cold beer while cruising in a limo, or, a chartered bus. Most states have "open container" laws on the books that forbid the practice.

I believe that would fall under my "do it anyway" category. It's a loophole I invented for myself. I use it all the time.

In the Peoples Republik of Illinois, you can have an open container in an RV as long as it's "not within reach of the driver".

Flying commercial airliners has become more of a hassle than a convenience. I last flew to a company orientation from NV to MO back in '09, and haven't been on a plane since. If I had the choice between taking a flight, riding a bus, or driving then I would rather just drive.

I feel the same way.

And hey! You don't have to conform to the FMCSA Hours of Service Regs. when driving in your car. I could run coast to coast in a couple of days.

Easy, squeezy!

You should catch a ride on a Greyhound at least once. The terminals are usually riddled with bums, drug junkies, the homeless, and weirdos galore. The restroom on the bus is worse than an outhouse, and if your luck is like mine, you may have the unfortunate chance to run into people who don't bathe.

Almost like hanging out in the driver's lounge at one of these big-chain "travel centers"!

Funny how the two are almost completely interchangeable, isn't it?

I believe that would fall under my "do it anyway" category. It's a loophole I invented for myself. I use it all the time.

In the Peoples Republik of Illinois, you can have an open container in an RV as long as it's "not within reach of the driver".

A similar law exists in other states. Not all though.

I kept my Ranger at my company's terminal for 4 years. I brought it home one day and came back in my car. Now I've got them both at home and I just hitch a ride with another driver when I come home for vacation or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread