its open,,,,,

BobBrown

so let's have a list of good and bad brokers to deal with

From what I have been told. This is where the money gets depleted. Double brokering and stuff like that. I've heard that they are keeping the increase and still paying the drivers the same. Is this true? If so, wouldn't a strike against brokered loads be more effective? Or can this be done? Just curious...

You don't need to strike against broker loads, you simply need to permanently quit taking loads from brokers who are ripping you off.

absolutely,, Bullwinkle,,,
hopefully there will be some Brokers on this list that will get what they got coming,,i.e. nobody moving thier loads ,, or in some cases the kind of business they deserve for doing a fair and good job

I have seen many looking on internet Truckstop now i just did a quick search from 200 miles from Jacksonville, FL and you will see all cheap payers under $1.00per mile. There can't be any fuel surcharge in there with rates like that

1) Advant Edge Logistics
2) PUP Trans
3) Regency Distribution
4) Pascall Truck Lines

From what I have been told. This is where the money gets depleted. Double brokering and stuff like that. I've heard that they are keeping the increase and still paying the drivers the same. Is this true? If so, wouldn't a strike against brokered loads be more effective? Or can this be done? Just curious...

If you log on to Internet Truckstop or Getloaded and just look at the loads with rates posted and you will see how cheap things are.

The best place to search for cheap loads search 200 miles around Orlando, FL

have found a few decent paying loads (been about a month ago) through Landstarbrokers.com,,,,, they also have some that are dirt cheap,,, gotta call the office that has the load posted and negotiate with them,,,, you'll find that even among themselves there is adifference on the same loads,,, some are wolves,some are not

I have Pulled Load for Landstar before and the loads that I pulled for them were the same rate that they paid their own drivers. and they pay their drivers like 65% of 98%. So i figure they took 37% of the load that I hauled for them and I had all the expense. (i.e Own Authority, Insurance,etc) I really think that they should not have taken more than 10%. So needless to say don't pull loads for them anymore

understood on th landstar,,, wyatt,,,,,,,
not done much for them,,, but the few I have ,, turnedout reasonable

I am new to this site and hope this goes to the right thread. I have my own auth, ins and so on, what I try and do is hold the brokers to 1.65 a mile. I cant always get it but it is a goal to work towards. As far as the brokers I will not haul for the list is long but the top five:

Bear
CH Rob Cheap and heavy
Market
SPI
Brazos

One's I could recommend:
LMS out of mo
California Freight
G&M Transportation out of Dallas
NYK is usually fair, depends on branch
Universal out of birmingham.

Barring "Paying the drivers more money" what would you say a good or decent broker is like? What would you recommend a broker do? Besides the obvious.

Well a brokers job is to find (a busy trucker) loads. If there were no brokers what would u do? The "key" is what are they worth??? Do they double broker loads (lazy broker), or do they call around and find decent freight. Then do they broker it at the lowest rate they can get? If all drivers had a way to check their percent of profit we would have it whipped. But do u know what Walmart makes on a pack of gum? Nope. Please reply..............thanks aintgotno

the gum don't cost anything. it's the packaging you're buying. same with soda pop. I did the fast-food chain gig when i was younger. The cup and lid for the fountain drinks is more expensive than what you are putting in it. 1 cup and lid combo are approx. $.15 each.

I second C.H. Robinson
Also, I pulled 1 load out of Durham,NC for Turbo Logistics. it was newspaper inserts. I didn't do the math first or else i wouldn't have taken it. The load averaged $1.00 per mile and included 10 stops, fuel, and WV toll on I-77. Plus, the broker was more anal than C.H. Robinson!
Oh yeah.........it finaled out in Lancaster, WI and I wound up deadheading to Holland, MI to get another load!
Never Again!!!

Barring "Paying the drivers more money" what would you say a good or decent broker is like? What would you recommend a broker do? Besides the obvious.

A decent broker will pay within 10 days and have no charge for this or a minimal charge (ie no more than 2%) Even some of the good brokers right now are charging anywhere from 1% to 6% for quick pay. This is a ridiculous rate to charge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread