• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

is there anybody remotely happy w/ covenant??

firecracker24

im considering covenant now since they are the only company that will get back in touch w me. im reading alot of disturbing things and reminds me of werner. but i see alot of there trucks on the road in daytona beach fla so they must not be too bad (and atleast they might be able to get me home). if i go w them they promise that i wont have a trainer and ill get to start right away. plus at 32cpm starting off aint a bad thing. im still worried w going solo but now i need a paycheck so ill get over it. just want some feedback before i take it. it will most likely only be for 6 months or so until i can get my year in for a different company that i would like to retire from.........:sweat:

well after talking to some people with covenant , i have decided to give them a try. they seem like an "ok" company but i believe they will be like some of the other big companies.the represenative was nice and helpful with all the questions, loked around and seemed to really enjoy his self.
so far the only thing i dont care for is taking a bus to chattenooga Tn (sorry cant spell yet, too lazy to look it up) but the orientation will be 3 days and on the 3rd day i get my truck yea!!
for the millage he told me the sdverage solo driver gets around 2700 which i guess aint to bad but like the other companies he said its out there if you truely want it. even with this many miles ill still bring home round 600 dollars after tax. i should be able to survive until i start getting greedy ....lol...
there has to be more to this company than what meets the eye. every company has has something good about them. i hope to find it in this one.
also learned that solos drive east of rocky mountains, no canada, trucks can go up to 68mph even now w the fuel prices going up,and they promise to have me home every 10 days or when i feel like it. he also said that there are dedicated accts but nothing is availible to me (guess i need more experience) at least he didnt promise something he couldnt offer. i think when i get my internet turned back on ill give ya'll in update on how im really being treated......
gtg since i feel like im being watched and its kinda scary (since im at home!!)nite ya'll

i will definitely keep yall informed on this company might actually start a blog this time on it.(bullwinkle you will have to show me) becareful out there and i will be in touch.

guess what im back!!!!(for the moment)well didnt have to take the bus. so far im happy here. orientation has been great everybody has been really nice its like a big family here. so far i have a great review for this company. the instructors are very realistic they tell you exactly what to expect and not to trust the night/weekend dispatchers. yes they are a christian company but from what i know everybody helps everybody. they arent forceful about being christan and ask anybody if they have any problems to take it up with somebody dont just hold it in.plus they pay for your hazmat. and as you can tell im sleepy. ill keep in touch be safe out there.

well week 3....:popcorn:
this whole covenant thing is ok but there are a few things i dont agree with. like the fact that they charge 5 dollars for every hr that you ideal the truck over 30 percent. since i dont have and apu yet my ideal time is way over that. picked up my truck in charlett nc on friday and sat there until monday. they warned us that if we get thru by 8pm or anytime on the weekends there would be no lds and they were right. they dont preassign from what i have seen and i have done alot of waiting. all my lds are live and unlds are also live. i managed to get 2100 miles last week but thats not enough to live on.
oh and by the way they charge 1 dollar per mile for going out of route and god forbid you miss there fuel station they assign then eveything falls apart. plus im not allowed to have another class a cdl driver in the truck unless they forfeit there license.which really sucks cause that means i cant have my navagtor. im lost without him.
as for the dispatchers they normally leave me alone. every once in a while ill get a message with ld info or weather report or not to park with in 200 miles of atlanta kinda things. i had to have 4 tires put on the truck which took a week for me to get to a ta to get it done (it also took 7 hrs to get approval) and my fuel filter was dirty and caused the truck not to run. plus its been neutred to 63 mph and cant make it up hills much less mountains. i take alot of back roads cause im always over my hrs or my lds are to heavy.plus for some reason the scales seem to like pulling me in.(guess they just want to see a nice looking truck driver every once in a while.lol. no offence)
anyways im looking for another company and im considering prime or stevens.maybe soon ill be able to find that special company that ill feel comfortible driving for.
oh and another thing i dont care for i have been harrassed by 2 other covenant drivers.one of them pounded on my truck for 8 hrs straight one night and the guard didnt hear or see a thing, just b/c he wanted me to sleep with him in his truck, and the other just very annoying acting sexual and just being well a jack***.
for the most part alot of the guys leave me alone there are a few that want to help me if they can (normally i dont let them since i know what they want in return) but i always like the expressions i get driving down the road and a driver reliazes its a female driving.oh and by the way guys i dont have a cb so dont try to talk to me on it i cant hear anything yall say. im gonna go find some trouble to get into,im on hometime till sunday and i plan on sleeping and doing laundry!!catch yall later becareful and safe out there.ttyl.:thud:

it's great your sharing your experience with covenant. i can't believe they get away with charging the 5$ fee for idleing esp when they don't supply an apu unit. then a dollar for out of route. thats b.s. tell them your gonna charge them for the miles you drive for them since they don't pay door to door. and that usually runs about 10% sometimes more. overall they sound like a pretty crappy outfit. your running into what alot of drivers run into. a shitty company. unfortunitly all these big companies are the same, they just have different names on the pay check. you might want to look into LTL or line haul. same line of work but at least it does come to an end everyday. good luck

4 weeks later and im ready to quit... I dont like being solo. Its ok on some days but for the most part I like having someone there.I have had nothing but bad luck it seems for the past week and now that its mermorial day weekend they wanted me to sit from thursday night until tuesday morning at the drop yard in nc but since I had my personal vehical there I just decided to come home. The company isnt too bad but theres little things that can add up after a while.Good starter company like werner but also like werner many people quit. Gonna go get some sleep.TTYLGL.

4 weeks later and im ready to quit... I dont like being solo. Its ok on some days but for the most part I like having someone there.I have had nothing but bad luck it seems for the past week and now that its mermorial day weekend they wanted me to sit from thursday night until tuesday morning at the drop yard in nc but since I had my personal vehical there I just decided to come home. The company isnt too bad but theres little things that can add up after a while.Good starter company like werner but also like werner many people quit. Gonna go get some sleep.TTYLGL.

if you quit here because you don't like solo what makes you think it will be any different running for a different company, solo ? evidentily you like to drive but don't like the otr part of it. why not look into some other driving opportunity that has you home everyday?

well its day who knows and cares. the only thing i kow is i have been here for 2 months. so far it seems to be getting easier, but there are still those days. the freight is up and down right now im told its down. decided to come home for a family medical thing so ill be back either later this week or late next week. hopefully ill be able to find happiness soon with trucking. but friday ill find out if im gonna have to go about byself or not. since my bf finally got a decent opportunity driving alittle bit and working heavy equipment for the rest of the time. of course ill see him as much as i do now once a month since we will both be traveling. but theres a chance i might be able to get a part time job driving or something. i have learned that covenant trys to be there for ya if ya have a family emergency or illness even though it may take a few days to get ya home. ended up leaving the trk at the charolette drop yard and cleaning it out just in case i cant make it back by the end of the week but my chances are looking good right now for going back sat. theres no use for me to stay here if my bf doesnt go back with me right now plus i really could use what little money i do make. thinking im going to start taking this job a little differently. i have been talking to friends out here and they say im crazy for not wanting to take breaks like they do. of course they get paid salery so they can goof off. me i seem to work my butt off for no reason cause even pushing myself beyound limits doesnt get me any more miles just longer waiting times to get lded and unlded. so im going to start taking my full 10 hr breaks and start seeing the usa, instead of just driving it wishing i would have stopped to see something. i wont be able to start training for another 3mo so thats out of my mind. when i get a camera ill start posting pics maybe in the thread about guessing where you are. all in all not a bad company yet...

Please read my posts in the other Covenant topic - my wife and I just left them 3 weeks ago. The mileage pay rate sounds great, until you drive for two days and sit for three....doesn't average out very well....

Does anyone here know if the top bunk in a team training truck, ( husband and wife plus trainer) has a matress? I have read somewhere that some trucks don't and that is why we need to take a sleeping bag. We have one but it is bulky and I would hate to take it on the bus just to find out when we get there that we really don't need it. Thanks for any answers.

The only reason you will not have a mattress on top is if it was removed for more storage space. All team trucks have both mattresses. Leave yours at home. But what you might want is an extra foam pad that you can find at Chinamart for about $10. it makes the bed more comfortable, imo,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread