Is there a top 5 or top 10 list of the best trucking companies “to start” with?

Hello. I’m Nick. I’m new to this group.

I was wondering, is there a top 5 or top 10 list of the best trucking companies “to start” with, when one is a brand new Truck Driver with a Class A license, with no experience?

I live in Los Angeles, and I just wanted to see if there were any recommendations for some great companies that a newbie should consider to start with, with a newly issued Class A license and no experience?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello. I’m Nick. I’m new to this group.

I was wondering, is there a top 5 or top 10 list of the best trucking companies “to start” with, when one is a brand new Truck Driver with a Class A license, with no experience?

I live in Los Angeles, and I just wanted to see if there were any recommendations for some great companies that a newbie should consider to start with, with a newly issued Class A license and no experience?

Thank you in advance for your help.
send out pre-applications for some companies to contact you. as a newbie, your choices can vary from one company to another. pay will be whatever they have as a structured base, and like any other job, you work your way up the pay scale.

some common companies for newbies are, Swift, Werner, Western Express, Schneider, CR England, to name a short list.

other companies are out there as well, i just cannot recall them right now.

Now having said that....

Companies that have been there in the past included Farm2Fleet.

Who shortly after "winning" this honor pretty much went belly up and self-destructed.

So.....

Take it for what it's worth m

So... the best company?

Any one you can manage to get a seat at. The big OTR carriers that have the financial resources to insure inexperienced drivers are the usual companies that advertise for drivers with no experience. I'd personally recommend that you stay away from CRE and Western Express because of their bad reputations.

Finding the "perfect situation" for your first job is much less important than just getting in. You have about 6 months from the end of your training to get hired, before you need to shell out more money for refresher training. Your goal is to get 1 to 2 years solo-qualified experience with a clean MVR. You can pretty much go anywhere with that.

Like most newbies, my friend Lolly started at the bottom of the heap. Having a can-do attitude and a willingness to take the shyt (-45° in Fairbanks) to get the gravy helped my friend Lolly who completed truckin' school about a year ago. I'm guessing her figure might have helped her land a tanker job at Big State Logistics.
1582543278610.png

BigStateSet.jpg
This bottom pic was stolen from the Big State website.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for the recommendations of the companies that a newbie like me should start looking for training and work. For sure, I have my work cut out for me to look though these various companies, but I greatly appreciate the recommendations. I value your opinions much more vs. just reading various articles and then trying to guess which one I should pick.

One last question, since I know that about 2 or 4 trucking companies up and went out of business last year and seemed to have left some of their drivers stranded, is there any way to research a company to see if they might be going belly up?

Thank you very, very much for your help. :)

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for the recommendations of the companies that a newbie like me should start looking for training and work. For sure, I have my work cut out for me to look though these various companies, but I greatly appreciate the recommendations. I value your opinions much more vs. just reading various articles and then trying to guess which one I should pick.

One last question, since I know that about 2 or 4 trucking companies up and went out of business last year and seemed to have left some of their drivers stranded, is there any way to research a company to see if they might be going belly up?

Thank you very, very much for your help. :)

Can't say these are for sure the best, but from all information I have gathered...

Dry Van: Crete, Schneider, and Knight/Swift. Not sure if you can currently start out as a complete newbie at all three of them, but they are good options for new drivers.

Reefer: Prime. They should start you off well in learning to pull a reefer. @ironpony will probably want to correct me and tell me they also do flatbed and tanker, but I only recommend them for reefer in regards to new drivers.

Flatbed: TMC or Maverick.

Tanker: Again, Schneider.

Probably plenty others out there as well, these are the ones that come to mind for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread