Is a Lease purchase a good idea for a truck driver with only 6 months of experience? JOKE

But......

After oh say Half a Million miles or so plus a "Balloon" Payment why you'll "Own" that International ProStar "Free" & "Clear".
i thought it was a shit spreader

LOL who in there right mind would want to take out predatory loan :headscratch2: . if you have shit credit then work on building it up to get a better rate than leasing

A lot of people get screwed on that because the payments are sometimes double what you'd pay financing it yourself.

And then you still have the expenses everyone else has.

It's why I was so hell bent on owning a truck outright even if it's not that great. No matter what happens, it's already mine.
best way to do it. no payments on the motor home = more profit

Here is the truck they are giving me

View attachment 68202

@Electric Chicken is probably jealous now

Hmmm, looks like a C70. Probably a 336 / 427 / or 8.2 under the hood. What a jewel!!! Does the sow bellied flatbed behind it come with it? If so, what a bonus!!! Hell im so excited for you I’m having thoughts of offering to go in 1/2’s with ya, what could go wrong.......?!!!

Just occured to me who am I calling "Old-Timers"..

I'm pushing "Double Nickel" myself
Yeah, we spend years talking about old people, then we wake up one day and realize we are talking about ourselves.

Rigjockey's post was selected as the solution to this question. Because that's the one I was reading when I decided to select a winner.

Rigjockey's post was selected as the solution to this question. Because that's the one I was reading when I decided to select a winner.
Oldest International I can remember driving was a 9200 i-series

That was a conventional although the sleeper box was rather small..

Eventually the fan busted loose and part of the bolts still in so they hadda drill through n Tap out

Unfortunately on one drilled too far into the block became a yard puller after that

One of you guys is lying and I need to know what the truth is because I am considering lease purchasing a brand new aerodyne cabover from Arrow2 Trucking. Some guy got out of prison and is starting up a new trucing company in Tulsa. Making me a great offer on the truck!
Okay fine. I'm lying. It's the argon and whiskey.

One of you guys is lying and I need to know what the truth is because I am considering lease purchasing a brand new aerodyne cabover from Arrow2 Trucking. Some guy got out of prison and is starting up a new trucing company in Tulsa. Making me a great offer on the truck!
You will earn likely around $170-230,000 annually in gross revenue. Call it $200,000.

so within 5 years, you should have earned a $1,000,000.

if you don’t, then you’re working part time.

You will earn likely around $170-230,000 annually in gross revenue. Call it $200,000.

so within 5 years, you should have earned a $1,000,000.

if you don’t, then you’re working part time.
Except Gross Income isn't what goes in your wallet. Its all about your net after taxes. Most lease guys can barely equal what a company guy stashes away, so knowing what your costs will be along with an anticipated gross income are paramount. Just because some random guy (with a prison record... really????) is making you a "great offer" doesn't mean squat unless you've done the hard work to determine if you'll even break even once you're rolling down the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread