Is a Lease purchase a good idea for a truck driver with only 6 months of experience? JOKE

Make sure they start your truck number with the letters LP so everyone knows you're special.

Hey what happened with that earthquake /tsunami that was in the news the other day?
It didn't rock me here in Anchorage. But I lived in Chignik (75 miles from the quake) for 9 years. Fishing has been bum there for the last couple of years. I have a Chignikette, staying at my house -- she's recovering from triple-negative breast cancer, the cancer that killed my daughter. One of the locals called my guest and said that after the quake he could not find a single sober person in the village. I believe him. From what I saw, it caused a major rockslide off the cliff that forms the NE wall of Anchorage Bay (Anchorage Bay is not near the Municipality of Anchorage). Another guy called and said that the quake trashed the Sand Point (a community about 100 miles (plain old miles, not nautical miles) SW) dock. Folks out west (near the Aleutian Trench) are used to some fairly powerful quakes plus an occasional ash dump from the nearby Mt. Vaniaminoff (10 miles distant) or another volcano e.g. Shishaldin (near False Pass). But this one rocked them. The 11/30/18 quake (that measured 7.1) rocked me and busted a decanter of Beam, a bunch of glassware, and some of my ivory carvings. It trashed a lot of houses here in town including my guest's big house on a lake near the Anchorage Airport. And it knocked my Big Lake house off its piling. But that quake 7.5 miles south of Chignik was 15 times more powerful. I have yet to hear what it did to the walls of the harbor that was designed and contracted for when I was the city administrator of Chignik. Soon I'll find out. If there's anything dramatic, I'll give you a heads up.

My company is telling me that now that I am approaching 6 months of driving experience, I must either lease purchase one of their trucks, or they will have to terminate me because they don't want to increase my pay. This is probably illegal, but I am scared to stand up for myself and now considering a lease purchase because I really like the different color trucks they have here at the yard.

Please advise me on this so we can test out the new questions feature for new threads, and then I can delete it before someone takes it seriously.
Awhile back was sitting in gridlock on the 294 behind a CR ENGLAND ..

Back of trailer had "Lease, Train, Drive"..

Noticed the last few years they changed it to Train, Drive, Lease although afew years ago the settled a Big "Class-Action" Lawsuit was in the "Trucker" Paper

Lease, Train, Drive

All in one day!
I "myself" was once a "Victim" of Lease Purchase deal back when Fuel was still $4 a gallon..

After Payment, Fuel, Escrow, plus Insurance...

Took home like $4/$5 hundred aweek after "Expenses"..

Also 1099 No Blue Cross Blue Shield or Workers Comp...

Heck back home I can get a $12/$15 an hour Job at the Temp Service be in and out the door 8/10 hours n HOME everynight...

I cash "Advanced" what I could then left it at the terminal empty with all the paperwork on the seat...

A month later Dispatch was still calling me

• Haha
Reactions: AK7
I "myself" was once a "Victim" of Lease Purchase deal back when Fuel was still $4 a gallon..

After Payment, Fuel, Escrow, plus Insurance...

Took home like $4/$5 hundred aweek after "Expenses"..

Also 1099 No Blue Cross Blue Shield or Workers Comp...

Heck back home I can get a $12/$15 an hour Job at the Temp Service be in and out the door 8/10 hours n HOME everynight...

I cash "Advanced" what I could then left it at the terminal empty with all the paperwork on the seat...

A month later Dispatch was still calling me
A lot of people get screwed on that because the payments are sometimes double what you'd pay financing it yourself.

And then you still have the expenses everyone else has.

It's why I was so hell bent on owning a truck outright even if it's not that great. No matter what happens, it's already mine.

Is revenue important for a lease purchase? Cause already will get fuel and tire discounts, and I don’t want to make too much and have to pay taxes.
Taxes? Revenue? Why are you worried about that nonsense? You'll make like 100k. Spend it on Chrome!

A lot of people get screwed on that because the payments are sometimes double what you'd pay financing it yourself.

And then you still have the expenses everyone else has.

It's why I was so hell bent on owning a truck outright even if it's not that great. No matter what happens, it's already mine.
I was afew years in and at that point still had that "Dream" of becoming INDEPENDENT..

Now 15 years later I want "Minimum" 43cpm, Half Decent INSURANCE, 401K Match , and "Fringe" Benefits ..

I was afew years in and at that point still had that "Dream" of becoming INDEPENDENT..

Now 15 years later I want "Minimum" 43cpm, Half Decent INSURANCE, 401K Match , and "Fringe" Benefits ..
I need some flexibility. All these jobs have been lucrative but ass busting to earn it. I'm done with all that, especially as it stands with a bum shoulder/clavicle that hurts more the harder I work.

So I end up unable to actually make the good money anymore because my body is slower. Yet still miserable in an inadequately maintained, slow truck dragging out my days for less money because I can't hammer down and make up for it.

If I'm gonna risk being broke I might as well run my own schedule. Cheap (hopefully reliable) paid off truck takes a lot of the pressure off.

I need some flexibility. All these jobs have been lucrative but ass busting to earn it. I'm done with all that, especially as it stands with a bum shoulder/clavicle that hurts more the harder I work.

So I end up unable to actually make the good money anymore because my body is slower. Yet still miserable in an inadequately maintained, slow truck dragging out my days for less money because I can't hammer down and make up for it.

If I'm gonna risk being broke I might as well run my own schedule. Cheap (hopefully reliable) paid off truck takes a lot of the pressure off.
Truthfully @Electric Chicken I'm a "Re-Hire" where I'm at...

"Honestly" this was about Property Taxes and $aving afew "Xtra" Grand ahead to Float...

My original plan was about Spring...

Yet it's getting close to fall and I'm still here..

The one time I really "tried" to quit again Mary talked me out of it...

That said everytime I drive my own 4 wheeler home for a week or 2 I think about that and it's like Gosh don't wanna let her down for "Re-Hiring" me so I'm back out again..

Truthfully though I'm at that "Age" now I should just STAY for a DECADE and then my Full Social Security and Medicaid kicks in at 66

Vote for me.

Not for any reason, or because Im promising anything, but just because I need the attention.

Wait, who ate all the Honey Buns?:dunno:
Honey Buns is County Lockup canteen ....

In the Department Of Corrections we take Ramen Noodles , cut Summer Sausage into tiny cubes, add Cheese Whiz and crushed Doritos..

In the Milwaukee County House of Corrections a walking Burrito was a Crushed bag of Cheetos with a Slim Jim and ya stole some hot sauce packets from the Chow Hall

Absolutely jump in on the lease opportunity. The best way to be a company man is save the company money on truck payments.
At the en of it all, if you make it you will be the proud owner of a wore out truck that the company would have sold off with that kind of mileage on it.
Maybe next time just buy a used fleet truck and save yourself the aggravation.

Absolutely jump in on the lease opportunity. The best way to be a company man is save the company money on truck payments.
At the en of it all, if you make it you will be the proud owner of a wore out truck that the company would have sold off with that kind of mileage on it.
Maybe next time just buy a used fleet truck and save yourself the aggravation.
But......

After oh say Half a Million miles or so plus a "Balloon" Payment why you'll "Own" that International ProStar "Free" & "Clear".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread