Iowa fuel tax increase

Wow.
10 cpg increase across the board.

This will probably become a trend if prices remain low long enough for states to sell it.

Q:Is the money collected from the new tax increase deposited into the state’s general fund?

A:No. Money collected from fuel tax is transferred to the Road Use Tax Fund which is constitutionally protected and must be spent on roads and bridges.

Be nice to see the money wasters in DC put this verbiage in place.

I say convert lets go nuclear. Build a mini nuclear reactor to power each truck, and use liquid nitrogen to cool it.:stirpot:

You can laugh but it would be VERY easy to do. The fissionable material required would be very small and could be contained in a safe enclosure. I was trying to think how big the engine would be. The only fuel you would need is water on a regular basis. The hot fuel rods would heat the water creating steam that in turn would power electric generators that would create electricity that would drive the electric drive motors. Pretty sure it would all fit in the current trucks in place of the engine.

It would also require a large A/C unit to cool the rods and keep them under control. You can control the heat by pulling out the fuel rods and pushing them back in but it's easier to regulate the heat by cooling when needed.

Space ships are prime candidates for nuclear powered ships. It's like a gazzilion degrees below zero outside so cooling would not be a problem.

If I still smoked pot I could write a book on this subject

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread