International cabover Cummins nh855 big cam

The Farmer David

I just bought a 1987 International with a Cummins nh855 and roadranger 9 speed air ride, 390 rears. Iam curious if any body could give me some advice.
It had a bearing in the transmission that is bad, I have $4500 in the truck. The motor seems to be in good condition, has about 600,000 mile on it. Do you think I would be a good truck to fix its problably gonna take another $4500 to get it where I want it. I just dont know about these trucks.

Your never gonna get your money back out of it, but it would probably be a solid truck for farm work provided the rears and all are in decent shape.

350 big cam cummins. So what ya"ll think? I should sell it for $4500 if I can get it..... I posted on craigslist and I have a couple of people that want it, and I havent sold it cause I thought it might be good to haul containers, I live in Dallas Fort Worth area there seems to be work around here doing that...... Thank you guys for your respnses.

Last edited:
350 big cam cummins. So what ya"ll think? I should sell it for $4500 if I can get it..... I posted on craigslist and I have a couple of people that want it, and I havent sold it cause I thought it might be good to haul containers, I live in Dallas Fort Worth area there seems to be work around here doing that...... Thank you guys for your respnses.

Now for that I would say no. Your gonna beat the hell out of yourself and that truck hauling cans. Find a cheap Columbia or something.

Thank you for your advice, I guess I will sell it. There is a man that said he would like it to strectch it out or something like that..... Your right about beating myself up, I bob tailed it back from Kansas and I was sore for a few days, and its an air ride. It acually cost me $2500 but I put a couple of steer tires and an oil change, a permit ya know just to get it home. Thx you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thx you are a gentleman and a scholar.

You talkin' about the @Tazz we know??

aecb4172df60d7bb11903feb8cdad319.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread