Information and Reviews of the Climacab Electric APU

I tried one day in a freightliner tht had tht little diesel fired heater I turned it up woke up after several hrs. 118 degree on the thermstat gauge in the truck
I heard of that happening lol

And scheinder told me they used the tri paks:mad:. Are you allowed to have a hard wired inverter for the microwave and creature comforts:confused-96:

And scheinder told me they used the tri paks:mad:. Are you allowed to have a hard wired inverter for the microwave and creature comforts:confused-96:
I dont know what they have in their trucks. As for inverters, I think I heard them say 150 watt max.

I dont know what they have in their trucks. As for inverters, I think I heard them say 150 watt max.
That was for the CB liner other wise what the hell is a 150 watt inverter good for? That aint even enough power to set toilet paper on fire to burn it down to collect in...........sorry I've said to much.:tapeshut:

It will power a laptop,but that is about the limit.
Yeah, .. for about a week maybe. Try playing a game or processing a video file & you'll end up throwing that damn thing out the window.

because if you discharge them below 50%, you will damage them. 75% discharge is better, but too shallow of a discharge will also damage them.
What do you mean by damage them? IIRC, lead acid batteries will build up sulfation more quickly when stored at low levels, but it doesn't happen immediately, and you can desulfate them with a decent charger.

What do you mean by damage them? IIRC, lead acid batteries will build up sulfation more quickly when stored at low levels, but it doesn't happen immediately, and you can desulfate them with a decent charger.
Sulfation = more specific term for "damage".

It shortens their life, lowers their capacity, etc.

Sulfation = more specific term for "damage".

It shortens their life, lowers their capacity, etc.
But it doesn't happen immediately. It takes time, and it's fairly reversible. The company I worked for last was heavily into desulfation. I talked to the engineer that designed one of their products, and he called it a, "toy that just generated high current pulses." I told him, at the time, I thought it would have had something to do with hitting the frequency of the crystals, and later they patented a set frequency. I'm not sure if they ever got anywhere with it, and it pisses me off. :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread