Indulge me with this road-kill poll.

Given the massive coyote population in northwest PA, surprisingly I have yet to see a dead one on the highway.

Given the massive coyote population in northwest PA, surprisingly I have yet to see a dead one on the highway.
🦖

Never see them on the road.
i ran over a coyote about 3 years ago, up in Maine, on my way back to my d/c center. it ran from the north bound side,(I-95) under the median guard railing, and into my path...

thump...thump.......

a MUCH louder thump ...thump...than a skunk, rabbit, possum, racoon, could ever make....

i ran over a coyote about 3 years ago, up in Maine, on my way back to my d/c center. it ran from the north bound side,(I-95) under the median guard railing, and into my path...

thump...thump.......

a MUCH louder thump ...thump...than a skunk, rabbit, possum, racoon, could ever make....
It was probably fine. I've seen them fall off cliffs, get hit by trains, blown up, etc...they just shake it off and keep hunting

My friend that used to work here at Walmart hit a bear up in the U.P.

A BEAR.

In a FREIGHTLINER.

Ida crapped the seat...

My friend that used to work here at Walmart hit a bear up in the U.P.

A BEAR.

In a FREIGHTLINER.

Ida crapped the seat...
I was a few minutes behind a Pete that nailed a grizzly bear near Yellowstone. Headlight, fender, and toolbox were wiped out. Fuel tank dented, too. Bear made it about 10 yards off the road and died. Looked like a freaking couch laying there with people standing next to it.

I saw a bear today in this NRA guy's pole barn.

It was standing on a shelf, on it's hind legs, not moving. Laziest damn thing I ever saw.

There are plenty of road kill coyotes on 80 in western NV and up 93 into SE ID

the amish them buggers are everywhere up here.... many animals have met there end on the front of the truck including deer 1 bear a few skunks a couple of opossum, coons, squirrel, birds, a horde of quale (5) at once.
on the rare end was
2 horses i just got to drive by the carnage at odark30 just outside of gb. and 1 body laying in the road. I still get shit for that one nobody will believe me I didn't run the sob over. I hit the camera for proof, they didn't show it in the company meeting. Funny thing is at 1 in the morning I barely saw that black bear, couldn't figure it out at 70 but I knew something wasn't right. destroyed the deer catcher and thankfully tossed it into the ditch. it was a hell of a thud laughed my ass off that the camera didnt go off. Dispatch asked if I stopped to check on it.... hell no i didn't if that bugger was still alive it was gonna be pissed sheered 3/4 bolts holding it on

Last edited:
Well well well.

The tail of the tape, so far:

1. Coyote
2. Possum/Beaver
3. Fox/Skunk/Ground hog

So, I originally just wanted to confirm my suspicions about what I thought I was noticing.

The actual morning I made this thread I was pulling into our lot to start an early morning run.
Exiting the car I was met with an awful smell that everyone is familiar with.

I said to myself, I sure do smell these things a lot more than I see them :confused-96:, why is that?
I rarely ever see a skunk dead or alive, but I sure do smell them quite often.

Thats when I decided to come here to see if you guys noticed this. But according to this poll
looks like it might be a regional thing.

But again I smell them a lot so its not like there not as numerous around here :confused-44: idk. (northwest IL).

I even thought it might be the species of skunk around here that they may be smarter or something.

Really,I thought that because just a few months earlier I was on a run headed up HW 41 and I swear to
you there must have been at least one dead coon every mile for at least a 15 mile stretch.

They look like they were just curled up sleeping and I'm like whats with all the dead coons over here!

go figure

You’re supposed to offer a clue when you make riddles.
Are you the Poll police:
O Yes
O No
---------------------
lol, but really thats true if after awhile you guys get stumped, then your susposed to give clues and
hints.

The coyote just suicides itself with acme 💣
lol

I just pictured the scene where wily coyote puts up the fake train track warning to catch
roadrunner, then when roadrunner passes by safely coyote looks and at super breakneck
speed a track is built with a train barreling down and plowing over wily coyote.

That was classic :rolllaugh2:.

Well well well.

The tail of the tape, so far:

1. Coyote
2. Possum/Beaver
3. Fox/Skunk/Ground hog

So, I originally just wanted to confirm my suspicions about what I thought I was noticing.

The actual morning I made this thread I was pulling into our lot to start an early morning run.
Exiting the car I was met with an awful smell that everyone is familiar with.

I said to myself, I sure do smell these things a lot more than I see them :confused-96:, why is that?
I rarely ever see a skunk dead or alive, but I sure do smell them quite often.

Thats when I decided to come here to see if you guys noticed this. But according to this poll
looks like it might be a regional thing.

But again I smell them a lot so its not like there not as numerous around here :confused-44: idk. (northwest IL).

I even thought it might be the species of skunk around here that they may be smarter or something.

Really,I thought that because just a few months earlier I was on a run headed up HW 41 and I swear to
you there must have been at least one dead coon every mile for at least a 15 mile stretch.

They look like they were just curled up sleeping and I'm like whats with all the dead coons over here!

go figure
There's plenty of squarshed skunk on th' road in states south of there. Maybe yer just mistakin' th' odor of Minniesootah fer skunk...

:toothpick:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread