Income question?????

squingebob

I realize that with the economy the way it is, everybody is broke.... BUT, my question to you guys is

Is there a valid reason why an owner/operator with a step deck trailer wouldn't be making ANY money at all? Like zero dollars?

I get told there's no freight and no O/O's are making it anywhere....

???

Thanks

Carly

Quite a few owner operators are making it better than others. Some people like to exaggerate the facts!

I know a flatbed ex owner op he sold his trk and trl hes now a company reefer driver then owner ops who drive for my company arent doing so bad but its dry van
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks... Those are his reasons for not paying child support, I believe that if he wanted to he could be doing something for his kids.

Thanks for the info!

My husband is an o/o and we've been in business for about 15 years....This is as bad as we have EVER seen it....This is suppose to be their peak season and their doing about 30 to 40% of business right now...It's been and is really tough....Plus freight is cheaper now than when he started in this business...
If your ex (I'm assuming) is having to make truck payments then yes things could really be that bad for him....Trucking is one of the hardest hit industries because it rely's on people spending...I know a few that have been o/o and lost EVERYTHING they have because of the economy....

Larry offered advice but he is not a truck driver....He's 19 and in college....(No offense Larry)

When i say ex as in ex owner op hecalled the bank one day and told him hes 5 grand in debt he decided right then and there hes selling his trk and trl for the longest time he wasnt getting any miles the way the economy is and everything is skyrocketing i just dont know how u owners can do it
Posted via Mobile Device

I realize that with the economy the way it is, everybody is broke.... BUT, my question to you guys is

Is there a valid reason why an owner/operator with a step deck trailer wouldn't be making ANY money at all? Like zero dollars?

I get told there's no freight and no O/O's are making it anywhere....

???

Thanks

Carly

Most of your flatbedding is enhansed by either the construction industry or the auto industry or both. The area I live in is known for having a slow down between now and Mid February. Most of us normally will have built a good customer recore to help offset the slow periods or have a back up company to move our equipment over to until things pick up.

Some folks are raking it in!

Owner operator husband and wife teams that are working for the company I drive for (I am just a lowly company driver) are making $100,000 to $120,000 annually. This company does LTL flatbed, curtain van and covered wagon loads, dedicated contract runs for Boeing Airplane Co., and a whole bunch of other stuff. I expect to gross about $60,000 this year which isn't too bad for what I am doing.

I recently talked with a guy who pulls a moving van hauling "high tech stuff" and he claimed to be making over $110,000 annually on commission loads, but I question how a solo driver can "cheat" (he freely admitted doing so) the log book so much he can run enough miles to make that kind of dough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread