Improved Driver Safety and Security

DADA

A clear need for safe operation in inclement weather.
I found that there is a severe lack of awareness on the subject of safe following distance, high- aim steering, peripheral vision of surroundings, creating a buffer zone around the vehicle, and most importantly speed reduction vs. viability. The above and so many other points that are now barely covered or not discussed at all. We as professionals need to get out of our comfort zone and speak to these new and or inexperienced drivers, take the matter into our own hands and ramp this up and make the change in the industry ourselves. How say you? Do you agree? As owner opp. the insurance rates are skyrocketing, public trust is greatly diminished to the point of despise and the road is full of constant peril due to this very issue. I propose a coalition of seasoned drivers, like Apostles that give the message and then there's the workers or deacons that do the footwork and actual delivery to hands at the shipper or reciever or terminal or even the truck stop. This is my message, and intent to improve our industry from the pavement up- not the other way around.
I am sincerely hoping this message continues and is recieved.
L.B.

I stopped reading at 'ELD'S FORCE DRIVERS TO DRIVE TIRED' smh! Lol.
ELDs will probably be the reason I get out of this game, or why I’ll buy an older truck. They taking the fun out of trucking for sure

I’m on the fence on the computer gps tracking.....yes, it’s good that I don’t have to call in with my location all the time but I miss the days of not being tracked too

Answered it exactly for the question as written.

Y'all need to go back to 2002 and do your crying when you should have stood up against the bullshit.

ELD isn't the issue.

The HOS are the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread