I'm Not Sure What To Call This Post...

Hanover Fist

I don't normally do things like this (open up personally), but I feel that maybe I can do a little bit of good.
I received a phone call yesterday that continues to disturb me this morning as I type this. One of my customers wives called crying to let me know that they found him dead in his truck on Saturday morning.
He was in my office for the better part of an hour the day before, just talking about life and how fortunate he felt that he was able to turn his life around...and how thankful he was to us for helping him out when others wouldn't.
Long story short, he had bad credit but a good driving record and was just a likable guy. We pulled a few strings and got him financing and insurance on a 5 year old Cascadia and he was on his way as an O/O.
It stings to know that I'll never see or talk to him again...we had become pretty good friends over the past year.
So...don't take anything for granted. Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. Take time to reach out to friends who you haven't seen or talked to for some time. Don't put off that project or event that you've been thinking about. You never know when your ticket might be punched...try to make it to that finish line with no regrets.
Now to try and shake off this funk...

Last edited:
I don't normally do things like this (open up personally), but I feel that maybe I can do a little bit of good.
I received a phone call yesterday that continues to disturb me this morning as I type this. One of my customers wives called crying to let me know that they found him dead in his truck on Saturday morning.
He was in my office for the better part of an hour the day before, just talking about life and how fortunate he felt that he was able to turn his life around...and how thankful he was to us for helping him out when others wouldn't.
Long story short, he had bad credit but a good driving record and was just a likable guy. We pulled a few strings and got him financing and insurance on a 5 year old Cascadia and he was on his way as an O/O.
It stings to know that I'll never see or talk to him again...we had become pretty good friends over the past year.
So...don't take anything for granted. Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. Take time to reach out to friends who you haven't seen or talked to for some time. Don't put off that project or event that you've been thinking about. You never know when your ticket might be punched...try to make it to that finish line with no regrets.
Not much you can do.

Being hit with mortality has its way of opening eyes.

Lots of things do that to you.

Whatever you do, talk it out. Don't hold it in. Especially with your significant other.

Nothing to shake off. This man befriended you for a reason. Be thankful to have known him, be thankful for anything you gained from speaking with him.

Clearly, you made an impression. That speaks well of you.

The fact that this situation led you to speak about it to people you don't really know speaks well of you. It shows you put others ahead of you. Keep doing this.

Nothing to shake off. This man befriended you for a reason. Be thankful to have known him, be thankful for anything you gained from speaking with him.

Clearly, you made an impression. That speaks well of you.

The fact that this situation led you to speak about it to people you don't really know speaks well of you. It shows you put others ahead of you. Keep doing this.
@Hanover Fist - I couldn't have said it any better myself. Keep talking it out. You have a lot of support here to help you get through the long days ahead of you.

Thanks for the support...it's greatly appreciated. The older I get (just turned 52 last week), the more these things bother me. I suppose a part of it is facing my own mortality...I've lost what seems to be an inordinate number of friends over the last several years.
Thanks again...for a bunch of strangers, you folks are alright (which is why I posted to begin with) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread