If you found this site because of the shutdown...

Mike

I want to first say "welcome to the truckers forum".

Also, I want to let everyone know that this site was created because I want to see this industry improved.

Regardless what happens with this shutdown, the goal here will remain the same. I plan on keeping this place active with productive discussions, occasional petitions, and an constant effort to educate the drivers in this industry, while at the same time learning from them as well.

In time, as we grow here, I hope to be able to actually lead an effort, if needed, rather than just provide a place to discuss it. We have to start somewhere though.

I also know that message boards like these are new to many of you. I encourage you, even after this shutdown is over and done, to remain active on the trucking forums that are available. If it is this one, I would love that. If you prefer another place, that is good as well ( just choose a place that is actually interested in doing something for the industry). What is important though, is that drivers remain active in these communities, and stay aware of what is going on in the industry. Don't do like we have done for years and wait until it gets really bad to start coming together. With the online world the way it is today, it is much easier for us to unite together and achieve the goals that need to be achieved.

Question

Hey Bullwinkle, My friend e-mailed me the info on the truckers strike and I found you. I've got to know..... Were you in the 598th Trans Co?
I want to first say "welcome to the truckers forum".

Also, I want to let everyone know that this site was created because I want to see this industry improved.

Regardless what happens with this shutdown, the goal here will remain the same. I plan on keeping this place active with productive discussions, occasional petitions, and an constant effort to educate the drivers in this industry, while at the same time learning from them as well.

In time, as we grow here, I hope to be able to actually lead an effort, if needed, rather than just provide a place to discuss it. We have to start somewhere though.

I also know that message boards like these are new to many of you. I encourage you, even after this shutdown is over and done, to remain active on the trucking forums that are available. If it is this one, I would love that. If you prefer another place, that is good as well ( just choose a place that is actually interested in doing something for the industry). What is important though, is that drivers remain active in these communities, and stay aware of what is going on in the industry. Don't do like we have done for years and wait until it gets really bad to start coming together. With the online world the way it is today, it is much easier for us to unite together and achieve the goals that need to be achieved.

Mar 20, 2008 2:35 PM

STRIKE!

TRUCKERS UNITE!!

APRIL 03, 2008

We hear every day on news casts from all over the country about every critical event taking place all over the world. However, I seldom hear anyone mention the difficulties facing the Transportaion Industry here in the United States. As a Heavy Duty Truck dealer along with operating several of my own trucks, I am here to tell you that our entire industry is facing a melt down that will dwarf the sub-prime mortgage crissis. Every tangible item that you have ever seen, held, or used was delivered by at least one, if not more trucks. Certainly, this is not something that the American public doesn't already realize. Although, I want to inform you that if everything goes according to plan, Independent Trucks will be going on strike April 03, 2008. This strike is not aimed at lowering fuel prices or any political motivation, but rather we are hoping to get the attention of everyone so that our demands for higher freight rates are understood by the consumers who may exsperience some unpleasantries during the strike. THIS STRIKE WILL EFFECT EVERYONE

Thanks
Jason H Jones
Laurens County Truck Sales
Dublin, GA 31021
478-676-4154
478-278-8711

Closing this as it isn't a thread to discuss the shutdown, just a thread to make a point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread