Ice Roads and photos

As a Canadian I dont run the United States, but hear alot of US drivers who get fascinated with watching trucks run across the winter roads in the Arctic and how theyd love to do it all in the name of putting it down as a notch in there buckle.

heres some pics
n841409892_286727_569.jpg

this is a portage route through the bush, in the Northwest Territories

here you have it-10 hours on this road through the windshield
me, myself and a yaesu two way radio-no flying j, no Pilot in case of a few inches of snow and the interste closed down....
n841409892_286738_5712.jpg

It is beautiful to look at, If you put some Christmas light's on would make a pretty card. Post some more pic's.

did i mention 110,00 ponds of Fibre optic cable on the bed? lucky-they had to send a float with a loder to come retrieve me up a hill-6 hours waiting in -43 degress below-oh, they even brough a bucket of slag
n841409892_286731_2460.jpg

Doesn't look any different then some of the winter roads in the USA
Theres a diferance to driving the ice roads do ur home work anyone can drive on snow and ice the trick is not to go through the ice after all its only 4ft thick

Theres a diferance to driving the ice roads do ur home work anyone can drive on snow and ice the trick is not to go through the ice after all its only 4ft thick
Sorry man but trucking is trucking here or across the pond.Ice is ice you can screw up and get killed either way. Them sure are nice pictures tho. Have a good one Danny

I don't see any ice looks like log hauling country. Hey are you a TV star?

So, still wanna do it?
no Pilot, No T/A, NOTHING.
Yep, I'd jump all over it if SWMBO would let me. Used to do pretty much that very thing hauling cyanide to the goldmines all over the northwest. 105,500 pulling 14% is interesting, to say the least.

You bet your boots, I'd do it again.

Is the Ice getting thin? It's getting kinda windy around here.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread