I want to start trucking, but heres the problem!

big_rig_$lim

Hi all. Well let me start by saying my luck hasn't been so good. I have my CDL, graduated in 09 so its been over a year with no experiance, but ironically thats not the problem. My license was resently suspended for 3 months ending on November 21th 2010(the th is there for humor purposes lol.) Ok anyway I beat the speeding ticket(officer didn't show) but I got stuck with the insurance ticket. So I failed to go back to court and now im suspended til November. My problem is that the suspension is now on my MVR but only for the minor insurance issue. I don't want to give up so tell me, do I have any hope to work for a company after November 21st? All comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Lawyer up. The best place to get an answer to your question is an attorney who specializes in traffic law. I might cost a bit now, but it will pay off in the long run.

Have u talked to any trucking companies about this issue?????????????I would'nt think this suspension would affect your driving career.Afterall the speeding was dropped but companies may ask why u got a ticket for insurance.Before spending all that money on a crooked lawyer,I would ask some trucking companies.Then maybe if u can hold out till nov 21th someone may hire you.Afterall you'll be a company driver not an owner op,they the companies pay for insurance.

if you were driving without insurance, that is not a minor traffic offense. is that why they suspended your license? if so, you have probably been classified as a high risk driver for failing to maintain proper liability insurance. you may be required to purchase special insurance (sr-22) i believe, and maintain it for one year, even if you dont own a vehicle. you will probably be required to purchase it, and show a receipt before you can get your license back. you said you had a cdl, and they are held to more scrutney than a regular drivers license. im not a lawyer, but it sounds like you need to talk to one. people who drive around without insurance are irresponsible as hell, and if you have an at fault accident without insurance, then the state has to step in to cover you. this makes you a liability to society, and the tax payer has to pay for your incompatence.

Hi all. Well let me start by saying my luck hasn't been so good. I have my CDL, graduated in 09 so its been over a year with no experiance, but ironically thats not the problem. My license was resently suspended for 3 months ending on November 21th 2010(the th is there for humor purposes lol.) Ok anyway I beat the speeding ticket(officer didn't show) but I got stuck with the insurance ticket. So I failed to go back to court and now im suspended til November. My problem is that the suspension is now on my MVR but only for the minor insurance issue. I don't want to give up so tell me, do I have any hope to work for a company after November 21st? All comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

I know a guy who just got his cdl and started to work for a company. He had just finished his training and gone solo when he got his license suspended. I'm not really sure the specific details, but he said he had been in an accident just before starting cdl school, and he did not have insurance at the time. I don't know why it took so long for them to discover he had no insurance, but reagrdless, his license was suspended and he was out of work for awhile. Fortunately for him, the same company he started with hired him back when his suspension was up.

if you were driving without insurance, that is not a minor traffic offense. is that why they suspended your license? if so, you have probably been classified as a high risk driver for failing to maintain proper liability insurance. you may be required to purchase special insurance (sr-22) i believe, and maintain it for one year, even if you dont own a vehicle. you will probably be required to purchase it, and show a receipt before you can get your license back. you said you had a cdl, and they are held to more scrutney than a regular drivers license. im not a lawyer, but it sounds like you need to talk to one. people who drive around without insurance are irresponsible as hell, and if you have an at fault accident without insurance, then the state has to step in to cover you. this makes you a liability to society, and the tax payer has to pay for your incompatence.
I hear ya. The thing is I had insuarance but couldn't keep up due to lack of work. And if I'm irresponsible for no insurance than what does tht make the defensive motorist with no health care or life insurance? so what does mine have to do with it. But I understand where your're coming from. The law is the law. Anyhow I have the sr22 up to date.

I hear ya. The thing is I had insuarance but couldn't keep up due to lack of work. And if I'm irresponsible for no insurance than what does tht make the defensive motorist with no health care or life insurance? so what does mine have to do with it. But I understand where your're coming from. The law is the law. Anyhow I have the sr22 up to date.

i guess i was a little harsh with my words. i understand about not being able to keep up with bills in this bad economy. hopefully you will find something. good luck!

i guess i was a little harsh with my words. i understand about not being able to keep up with bills in this bad economy. hopefully you will find something. good luck!

Thanks for clearing that up cajun.
You almost sounded like somebody else for a minute LOL
Forgive me for even thinking that.

Thanks for clearing that up cajun.
You almost sounded like somebody else for a minute LOL
Forgive me for even thinking that.

LOL! no prob mustang. i was gonna go back and delete that post after i thought about it but totaly forgot. sounds like the guy is taking care of business and admits he made a mistake. gotta support someone who trys.

I may be wrong here, but I think the lack of experience should be his first priority. I would suggest you talk to a carrier that has its own (endorsed) school. Get ahold of the recruiter at the carrier and try to get pre approved. By doing this you will see exactly what is and is not on your record.

Also, the two years of experience is waved if you are a recent CDL graduate.

Apply for jobs

I would go ahead and apply for some jobs when your suspension is over. Be truthful on your application, and it will be forwarded to specific companies looking to hire someone in your specific situation.

-link removed, post allowed though. -Sinister

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread