CB Radio I want to buy the CB Antenna

Ellen Shawn

Do you know about any trusted CB Radio dealer? I want to buy the Stryker SR-A10 CB Antenna. (Trucker version). If anyone knows, kindly let me know about it. I am waiting. This one,
65.jpg

Try cbradiotalk.com. Back when I was still big into the hobby that's where I loitered. There's a sub forum somewhere on the website that has a list of reputable dealers. I have no clue where you're located at.

Fatboy Products

I bought several amps from Fatboy. Quick shipping, no problems. I don't see the Stryker on their inventory list, but I bet they could get one for you.

I have a cb question. My entire career, we never use them, cell or sat phone is easy, reliable. My question is, the last week or so, reading all these cb threads I have wondered why people still use them. SO I wiped off the dust, and turned it on. Still worked after 12yrs in the truck unused. lol. Anyway, its been on for week now, I have not heard one peep on there. All channels, no chatter. Even went for a long bobtail ride threw the mountains , figuring some one doesn't have a sat phone, and will be talking. Nothing. I see on tv, ice road truckers use them. Who uses them, what channel is the standard channel to be on, and why don't I hear any chatter. I live in the biggest city in bc, millions of trucks, no chatter. Why? Figure now i'll just leave it on 9, and turn it on , lol, just in case some one needs help. But I would like to know how to find the common channel so I can be apart of any chatter in my area. Guess no one uses them anymore, other than for hobby.

I'll never run without it being on. A CB is such a useful tool, I can't imagine not having it.

What do you use a sat phone for?

I live in BC, Canada. Most our province is wide open wilderness and mountains. So cell range is gone fast, and in between citys there is no service, With the sat phone I have cell service anywhere pretty much. But, for the most part, it was free with my GPS subscription. The cb would be handy I guess, if any one here used it. Still crickets on that thing.

Try cbradiotalk.com. Back when I was still big into the hobby that's where I loitered. There's a sub forum somewhere on the website that has a list of reputable dealers. I have no clue where you're located at.

Fatboy Products

I bought several amps from Fatboy. Quick shipping, no problems. I don't see the Stryker on their inventory list, but I bet they could get one for you.
I have a cb question. My entire career, we never use them, cell or sat phone is easy, reliable. My question is, the last week or so, reading all these cb threads I have wondered why people still use them. SO I wiped off the dust, and turned it on. Still worked after 12yrs in the truck unused. lol. Anyway, its been on for week now, I have not heard one peep on there. All channels, no chatter. Even went for a long bobtail ride threw the mountains , figuring some one doesn't have a sat phone, and will be talking. Nothing. I see on tv, ice road truckers use them. Who uses them, what channel is the standard channel to be on, and why don't I hear any chatter. I live in the biggest city in bc, millions of trucks, no chatter. Why? Figure now i'll just leave it on 9, and turn it on , lol, just in case some one needs help. But I would like to know how to find the common channel so I can be apart of any chatter in my area. Guess no one uses them anymore, other than for hobby.
19 is the standard trucker channel.
I'll never run without it being on. A CB is such a useful tool, I can't imagine not having it.

What do you use a sat phone for?
Have anyone tried this CB Antenna? I have read about it on Stryker radios website. Here are some features.
  • 6 Gauge Solid Copper 100% Silver Plate Wire
  • 10,000 Watts Power Handling Capability
  • Extremely Efficient High “Q” Coil
  • Double Wall Coil Cover made from High Impact Mobay Plastic
  • Can be Tune for 26 – 30 Mhz
  • 10” Stainless Steel Shaft
  • 49” Stainless Steel Whip
  • Reduced Static Interference
  • RF Gain wide open or back off slightly
  • Standard 3/8” x 24” Thread on Shaft
  • 2 Year Warranty
But My main Question is "Have anyone tried it before?" How it works? What about SWR? What about its transmit and receive? How many miles it can easily cover ? Any idea?

Pricing may vary from dealer to dealer, and lower price retailers don't usually offer personal customer service that a slightly more expensive retailer offers. Many of our dealers sell online and will ship directly to your home. Here are the authorized stryker dealers you may contact:

HIGH VOLTAGE CB SHOP (Morgan Ipsale)
TA TRUCK STOP EXIT 374
608 Lovell Rd, Suite B
Knoxville, TN, 37932
(865) 313-8709
Tues-Fri----------11AM-5: 30 PM
Saturdays-------- 4PM-8PM
Sundays & Mondays--By Appointment Only
Email: [email protected]
Facebook Page
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
STEEL ROD'S CB SHOP
I65 Exit 201 Behind the KFC
Mon-Fri 11AM-11PM EST
Free Peak & Tune with purchase of all CB Radios
ANTENNA INSTALLS
4252 US-24
Remington, IN, 47977
(219) 261-2201
Email: [email protected]
Website

Dig more here

@Silverwolf

Most people use VHF out there because CB works for crap in the mountains. Even pilot cars will have handhelds if you don't have a big radio in your truck.

The Stryker A-10 has a ground plane...
That's cool, I guess.

The coil is covered in more or less the same fashion that the Wilson antennas are.
Whether it's a base load or a center load, coils are a good thing. They minimize SWR.

The ground plane (the spokes below the coil) might cause SWR issues if it's mounted on a mirror on a big truck.

I personally would prefer a Predator 10K if it were me, but those Stryker antennas have a whip and you don't have to worry about breaking the antenna in half if you're driving under a truck bay door with low clearance. The whip will bend as you're driving down the road and, arguably, that would just about negate the entire purpose of the ground plane anyway. (Had a Wilson 5k on my car for years. I'll skip that spiel.)

My point is, you're thinking too hard. One quality center-loaded antenna is just as good as the next. Stryker's a good brand. If you like it, buy it. These companies have to market their shyte, and you have a long list of quality antennas to choose from. Making sure you have a good ground is almost as important as a fancy antenna. (Have you seen the flatbeds with the 102" whips? behind the cab?)

Before you buy that thing and tune it... Please, check the grounding like 1000 times. You will have to cut that whip to tune the SWR, and you will only get one shot. Buy a cheap ass $20 fiberglass whip from a truck stop and tune it first. If you can tune a throwaway whip, you can tune that Stryker.

Last edited:
Have anyone tried this CB Antenna? I have read about it on Stryker radios website. Here are some features.
  • 6 Gauge Solid Copper 100% Silver Plate Wire
  • 10,000 Watts Power Handling Capability
  • Extremely Efficient High “Q” Coil
  • Double Wall Coil Cover made from High Impact Mobay Plastic
  • Can be Tune for 26 – 30 Mhz
  • 10” Stainless Steel Shaft
  • 49” Stainless Steel Whip
  • Reduced Static Interference
  • RF Gain wide open or back off slightly
  • Standard 3/8” x 24” Thread on Shaft
  • 2 Year Warranty
But My main Question is "Have anyone tried it before?" How it works? What about SWR? What about its transmit and receive? How many miles it can easily cover ? Any idea?
Stryker SR-A10 is Great antenna. Easy to install, and comes with coaxial cable pre-connected to base, so no need to buy one separately. I can hear conversations from the main highway (about a half mile away) very clearly. My tested effective range is up to 18 miles. Sometimes the whip starts to unscrew from the base, and loosens up (You should hear it rocking around). I have it mounted on the roof of my 2004 Volvo s60. Looks great on sedans and SUV's, where other mounting styles can be impractical. Definitely a great buy. The SWRs were flat! 1:1...no adjustment needed. Seems to be getting out and picking up well. Been hearing skip from all over the place lately. No problem with the magnet moving around, even at highway speeds.

You could also mount it behind the cab if you figured out your clearance.

OutBack CB Antenna Bracket OBKT

OBKT_2.jpg

All CB radios are limited to 4 watts max output by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). So having a radio properly peaked and tune will make it sound as good as possible. The antenna system which includes the antenna, mount and coax will make all of the difference in your CB radio experience. In general the taller the antenna you are able to use the better your reception will be. A properly tuned antenna (setting the standing wave ratio) SWR is critical to good performance. So I will recommend Stryker SR-A10 CB antenna this antenna was super easy to install the SWR on CH1 was 1:1 and CH40 was 1:1 without having to adjust the whip. The coax has a length of 17 foot and a mid to high quality feel to it, not too thick but certainly not too thin.
14611135_10210574048057220_815554641739546858_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ellen Shawn AnswerNo 1:
When I installed the Stryker SR-A10 CB antenna, The SWR was 1.1 on channel 1 and 1.1 on 40. This antenna is a huge improvement overall antennas I used to have. Great SWR readings.

Answer No 2:
I think you have to read this article which I've found on the facebook, you must have to read it, will help you a lot.
" Tuning the CB Antenna for Optimum SWR "

Answer No 3:
Yes, I have Stryker SR-A10 CB antenna from last two years Very broadbanded, my match efficiency is between 26.800 & 27.450

30442655_10216435293060862_2732864441786826752_n.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread