I painted and I hate it...lol..

Tn. Truckers Wife

I spent my day yesterday painting my living room...It's earthtone colors and I thought I had picked out a good color....I have a hard time distingishing color tones from those tiny samples....
I get home and start painting and it has a pinkish cast...I'm thinking, ok when it dries it will turn...lol.....NOT...
It did turn darker but in the bright light it still has this pinkish cast....While it was drying I thought, this can't be right, they must have mixed it wrong...lol...(I was hopeing) but unfortunately it matched the sample just perfect..
It looks pretty good in the dark though..lol...
Looks like I'll be painting AGAIN...

So Poppa didn't like it then ? LOL. Was he running around the house singing, " I feel pretty, oh so pretty. " LOL

So Poppa didn't like it then ? LOL. Was he running around the house singing, " I feel pretty, oh so pretty. " LOL
lol....NOPE papa Jeff don't like it either, but he told me to give it a week or so and see if it would "grow on me"...But that's not the way I roll...LOL...If I don't like something immediately, it ain't gonna grow on me....
Bet it was Tennessee earth tone..nothing but RED clay :)
OMGosh, I have a yard full of that red clay..lol...

would enjoyed seeing his face. It had to be priceless.
Not so much the look on his face but what color he said it looked like bothered me..lol....I can't even say it on the forum....lol...

I HAVE A NEW COLOR TODAY!!!!!!.....I repainted today...
This time I really like it...

I have a good idea what he said or might have said. LOL

Wait til tomorrow and it dries til you decide if you like it or not. :whistle:

Not so much the look on his face but what color he said it looked like bothered me..lol....I can't even say it on the forum....lol...

I HAVE A NEW COLOR TODAY!!!!!!.....I repainted today...
This time I really like it...

I've got a bad feeling about where this is going..........

mY WIOFE...AHEM....

My wife and her mom LOVE to decorate, and it's costs me TONS of dough. But, my house always looks pretty damn good, inside and out so I usually have no complaints.

Except the main bathroom.

First, they found a color that looked like flesh. Somehow, that was just gross.

Then, for YEARS the same space as a deep red. Like a goth weirdos house, and I hated it the whole time.

Finally, they found a nice, neutral yellow, that makes the space look very big, very light, and works well, and we're both happy with it. Even Little Sinister helped slop paint around (since it's mainly his bathroom now, since we have a master bath) and drip it onto the floor.

Neutral colors, and earth tones make spaces look bigger.

But ask my wife. She watches design shows like ALL the time. HGTV is LIFE!

And I think it's going to cost me buying a new house. Ash tray's full on this one...LOL

Thanks for the decorating tips Sinister...
I've learned alot the last couple of years when I was looking on line at houses for sell...

I spent my day yesterday painting my living room...It's earthtone colors and I thought I had picked out a good color....I have a hard time distingishing color tones from those tiny samples....
I get home and start painting and it has a pinkish cast...I'm thinking, ok when it dries it will turn...lol.....NOT...
It did turn darker but in the bright light it still has this pinkish cast....While it was drying I thought, this can't be right, they must have mixed it wrong...lol...(I was hopeing) but unfortunately it matched the sample just perfect..
It looks pretty good in the dark though..lol...
Looks like I'll be painting AGAIN...

That sucks! I have painted a whole room before and not liked it....it's a lot of work to repaint it. :(

mY WIOFE...AHEM....

My wife and her mom LOVE to decorate, and it's costs me TONS of dough. But, my house always looks pretty damn good, inside and out so I usually have no complaints.

Except the main bathroom.

First, they found a color that looked like flesh. Somehow, that was just gross.

Then, for YEARS the same space as a deep red. Like a goth weirdos house, and I hated it the whole time.

Finally, they found a nice, neutral yellow, that makes the space look very big, very light, and works well, and we're both happy with it. Even Little Sinister helped slop paint around (since it's mainly his bathroom now, since we have a master bath) and drip it onto the floor.

Neutral colors, and earth tones make spaces look bigger.

But ask my wife. She watches design shows like ALL the time. HGTV is LIFE!

And I think it's going to cost me buying a new house. Ash tray's full on this one...LOL

ewwww.. flesh colored would freak me out too. :yuck:

That sucks! I have painted a whole room before and not liked it....it's a lot of work to repaint it. :(
You too huh?...lol...
Good part is that I have a chair rail so I only had to paint and repaint the upper half of the room....BAD part is my living room, kitchen and dining room are all ONE ROOM...LOL...:faint:

You too huh?...lol...
Good part is that I have a chair rail so I only had to paint and repaint the upper half of the room....BAD part is my living room, kitchen and dining room are all ONE ROOM...LOL...:faint:

LOL all one room, WOW! That sucks even more. Mine are all one room now, they weren't when I did it (thank God!) At least you don't have the entire wall from ceiling to floor, and kitchen living and dining. It could be worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread