I finally got my stuff back!

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
My truck broke down about 6 weeks ago near Philla, P.A. I only took the bear necessities with as the truck was to be fixed in a few days. rookie mistake on my part, I was told always take all your stuff with you

I quit the company after a few weeks and just said " when you get the truck back up here, Call me and I will come get my stuff" They did yesterday. Today I picked it up.

They cleaned out the truck for me. My T.V. was there and a bunch of other stuff. My C.B. not there. My microwave not there. Pin puller not there and a bunch of other items.

So we went out to the truck and low and behold there is my C.B., Thats your C.B., Of course ti is do you think the company provides a radio like this. In the cupboard hidden away was my microwave. under the bunk was my cleaning supplies and pin puller, Etc, Etc.

The new driver is in for a rude awakening when he finds out. There is no C.B. radio in the truck. There is no microwave, Nice try on hiding it.and everything else belongs to me.

Here is what you get FNG. A bare bones Peterbilt.

I hope you enjoyed the Sirius satellite radio, Bringing my stuff back to me. That was by design! I cancelled it today. You did not think the company provided that did you.

The things I did not get back is all my canned food. No problem you are going to need it more than I will, When they sit you for a day or three and you get no miles. even though you are gone from home a long time.

I'd rather take a beat down than to move outta' one truck into another, especially a sleeper I've gotten comfortable in. Stuff do accumulate.

Now, I run day cab.. CB, GPS, lunch cooler, and, my briefcase is all I carry that is mine, personally. I take it out and home with me everyday. The rest is just company junk, even the gloves.

I'd rather take a beat down than to move outta' one truck into another, especially a sleeper I've gotten comfortable in. Stuff do accumulate.

Now, I run day cab.. CB, GPS, lunch cooler, and, my briefcase is all I carry that is mine, personally. I take it out and home with me everyday. The rest is just company junk, even the gloves.
Me too. Moving out of a truck is as big a pain in the nuts as moving from one house to the other. Initially I thought I would be back down to pick up my truck in a few days.

I had that truck set up nice. ( for me). Microwave, T.v. Real fridge,freezer. I had it so I could plug into the stereo to get surround sound when watching movies.
i had it all man, i had it good.

This other truck I am in now, I get home every night, It has a bunk on it. I have never looked back into it. I just have what I need for the day. whe the time comes to jump, I can be out in 1.35 seconds

My company's Kenworths are a LOT easier to move in/out of, especially if both trucks are Kenworths. Just stack everything up on the foot of the bed, open the sleeper berth door. Have the other truck parked facing the other direction with it's sleeper door open, and just stand between them & move stuff from one truck to the other.

I hate climbing in & out of a truck carrying stuff, or stacking stuff on the floor & seat & then climbing up the steps & you can't enter the truck til you move something, .. then there's nowhere to put it that you can reach from the steps, etc.

My company's Kenworths are a LOT easier to move in/out of, especially if both trucks are Kenworths. Just stack everything up on the foot of the bed, open the sleeper berth door. Have the other truck parked facing the other direction with it's sleeper door open, and just stand between them & move stuff from one truck to the other.

I hate climbing in & out of a truck carrying stuff, or stacking stuff on the floor & seat & then climbing up the steps & you can't enter the truck til you move something, .. then there's nowhere to put it that you can reach from the steps, etc.
Yup. i the T660, I would set down my laptop bag and my suit case. They open the doors on the bunk and throw the rest of my stuff up on the bed. I could sort the rest of that out later.
In the Pete it was bare bones and had no bunk door. In case of engine fire during the night, Put you head between your legs and kiss your ass good bye! lol

dont get me wrong, the junkliner i am in now is a bigger piece of crap, Just I dont live in it. I has a bunk. Not sure what the bunk looks like.

I had that truck set up nice. ( for me). Microwave, T.v. Real fridge,freezer. I had it so I could plug into the stereo to get surround sound when watching movies.
I had it all man, I had it good

For any of the newbies/wannabe's..... this points out the problem with putting a lot of stuff in a company truck. You don't own the truck, they do. It's like renovating a rented apartment "your way". Anything you can't quickly remove you may lose. Do not "hard wire" anything (inverters, etc) or you may find them considered "theirs" or at best "must be removed at our shop only".

Do not "hard wire" anything (inverters, etc) or you may find them considered "theirs" or at best "must be removed at our shop only".
Just disconnect the wires from the back of the inverter, wrap the + cable end with electrical tape, then duct tape, and leave the cables hanging.

Reactions: 2xR
So now that yer a flatbedder and barely leave your hometown....

You only need a winch bar and a hard head?

Oops... I mean.... Hard hat? (dern auto-correct anyways)
It is still my stuff and I am not gifting anyone my C.B radio and T.V.' microwave etc. Or my Blow up doll. I hope they just patch the hole I was talking about. Nice one @Tazz @2xR LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread