I-70 near Glenwood Canyon remains closed through Thursday

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
Transportation officials in Colorado hope to reopen a portion of Interstate 70 in Glenwood Canyon at some point on Thursday, after the entire interstate was shut down by two separate rockslides.

The Colorado Department of Transportation announced via press release that it expects the road to remain closed until mid to late Thursday. CDOT crews and contracted workers will continue rock scaling at the location in an attempt to bring down any additional debris. As a safety precaution, crews will also install rockfall mitigation fence on the westbound lanes.

- See more at: I-70 near Glenwood Canyon remains closed through Thursday

Quality Logistics: "Making quality moves since 1959"

New motto: "We move mountains"

ColoradoRockSlide-0134b.jpg

I shudder every time I think of that stretch of road. Grand Junction, Gypsum, Green River, Rifle, Salina and Eisenhower. Seems like anytime I was stuck looking for a load all the decent paying ones went to along that route then your really stuck.

I just always found it really hard to text and drive going through there. All those curves and stuff. You gotta like...pay attention and stuff. Which was cool...because it was pretty and all...but MAN...I got people who want replies like NOW.

I just always found it really hard to text and drive going through there. All those curves and stuff. You gotta like...pay attention and stuff. Which was cool...because it was pretty and all...but MAN...I got people who want replies like NOW.
Just drive really slow and listen for rumble strips and horns.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread