Hunting/Fishing photos and stories

I used to teach people to shoot.

now it’s just more of a hobby to teach a class.
That's pretty cool stuff! Growing up hunting or just shooting, I never relied on being good enough standing shooting. Unless it was really close, I'd always use a prop of some sort, tree or whatever was handy... Or else I'd just shoot prone. Haven't even tried shooting standing for years now.

For me, its all about putting the bullet through the same hole in paper, as far as I can, using bi pods and bags... And getting repeatable ammo.

Army sent me to the squad designated marksmanship instructors course. It was a ball.

Basically the sniper range course without the fieldwork and ghillie suit work. We shot iron sights all the way to 1000 meters with the M14

I’ve shot several NRA high power matches as well as cmp service rifle. Those are 200 M standing slow fire. 20 minutes for 20 shots and 2 sighters.
Easier to just link to it.

I’ve also shot the MN long range match in Harris MN which is 1000 yards with my M1 Garand and M14 semi auto match gun.

My lifetime goal had been to get my distinguished shooting badge. I’ll hopefully get to now.

Pics probably won't be in order but we have had this buck come in since 2016. he would probably have been 3 and 1/2 in 2016 so now that puts him at 7 1/2 or 8 and 1/2 years old. Truly the buck of a lifetime. We don't know where it goes once he loses his velvet we don't see him again. We took a couple of the mature dominant bucks out of the area last year the hope is he will take their place and we will have a chance at him. The split in his ear gives him away. 125740.jpeg125742.jpeg125743.jpeg125745.jpeg

Pics probably won't be in order but we have had this buck come in since 2016. he would probably have been 3 and 1/2 in 2016 so now that puts him at 7 1/2 or 8 and 1/2 years old. Truly the buck of a lifetime. We don't know where it goes once he loses his velvet we don't see him again. We took a couple of the mature dominant bucks out of the area last year the hope is he will take their place and we will have a chance at him. The split in his ear gives him away. View attachment 67303View attachment 67304View attachment 67305View attachment 67306
Okay dumb question.Could that split ear be from a ripped out tag and he got away from a deer farm?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread