Hunting/Fishing photos and stories

Unreal we still have bucks walking around with antlers. This guy is known as half rack. My buddies boy found his nub shed from the other side of his head a couple weeks ago. 112454.jpegIMG_20200412_133108.jpgIMG_20200412_132410.jpg

Impressive pictures @MJ1657 Have you eaten bear, I like it, many don’t.
Yes I like it. I have some bear burgers in my freezer I need to get on the grill.
Oh wow man! I didn't even know one could eat bear. I have had deer and enjoyed it. Never had bear.
I am the kind of guy that will try any food once. I will have to find some and give it a try.

My buddies mom used to cook a bear roast with a pork roast. The two together were delicious.
I've had bear roast. Some say it is too greasy, but I really enjoyed it.

We have a fall and a spring season. Their diet (out here anyway) changes drastically throughout the year. I wonder how much the meat changes taste according to what they've been eating recently?

I've had bear roast. Some say it is too greasy, but I really enjoyed it.

We have a fall and a spring season. Their diet (out here anyway) changes drastically throughout the year. I wonder how much the meat changes taste according to what they've been eating recently?
I'm assuming it changes quite a bit.

Venison around my place tastes much different then venison up north. Up north they browse in the woods. Here they are corn fed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread