Hunting/Fishing photos and stories

MJ1657

Bone Head
Supporter
Unreal we still have bucks walking around with antlers. This guy is known as half rack. My buddies boy found his nub shed from the other side of his head a couple weeks ago. 112454.jpeg IMG_20200412_133108.jpg IMG_20200412_132410.jpg

Rigjockey

The Grand Poobah!
Supporter
Impressive pictures @MJ1657 Have you eaten bear, I like it, many don’t.
Yes I like it. I have some bear burgers in my freezer I need to get on the grill.
Oh wow man! I didn't even know one could eat bear. I have had deer and enjoyed it. Never had bear.
I am the kind of guy that will try any food once. I will have to find some and give it a try.

Oxbow

Supporter
My buddies mom used to cook a bear roast with a pork roast. The two together were delicious.
I've had bear roast. Some say it is too greasy, but I really enjoyed it.

We have a fall and a spring season. Their diet (out here anyway) changes drastically throughout the year. I wonder how much the meat changes taste according to what they've been eating recently?

MJ1657

Bone Head
Supporter
I've had bear roast. Some say it is too greasy, but I really enjoyed it.

We have a fall and a spring season. Their diet (out here anyway) changes drastically throughout the year. I wonder how much the meat changes taste according to what they've been eating recently?
I'm assuming it changes quite a bit.

Venison around my place tastes much different then venison up north. Up north they browse in the woods. Here they are corn fed.

Tramm01

Ugly Dog Owner
Supporter
A buddy of mine is turkey hunting at the farm. He found this under one of my deer stands yesterday courtesy of a coyote. Look at the size of the Spurs. View attachment 63356View attachment 63357View attachment 63358
Coyotes are tricksters — he tricked Ol Tom right to the dinner table

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)