How much should someone pay for their class A CDL?

kjt1991

I know it's based on the state you live in, how good the school is, equipment they have, job placement services, etc... but ON AVERAGE what do y'all think is a fair price to pay for getting your license with some endorsements?

yup...it WAS a White......

like this one....

H9637.JPG

yup...it WAS a White......

like this one....

H9637.JPG
Look at the block in front of the the drive tires. Must have been single can brakes too.
When I started driving the trailers were a mix of single and double can brakes. Every once in a while I would launch a trailer across the yard.
FORE!!!!!!!:rolllaugh::thumbsup:

Look at the block in front of the the drive tires. Must have been single can brakes too.
When I started driving the trailers were a mix of single and double can brakes. Every once in a while I would launch a trailer across the yard.
FORE!!!!!!!:rolllaugh::thumbsup:
yeah, i think i had a trailer or 2, got to see the yard as well....

way too many years to recall every sight-seeing trailer....

I paid roughly 5k back in '05 for a 3 week course. I think its worth it considering i make roughly $70k a year.
i think if i recall, back in the early 1980's, i paid just about $3,000. after any grant(s) i got. and it was 4 weeks ALL classroom, and 4 weeks yard/road. monday thru friday.

i DO recall my payments on the student loan were under $60 each month, which started 6 months after graduation.

I paid 3 grand in '95 and I was probably the only one that paid at a community college, The rest were there on the Government dime, Unemployment. Most of them washed out or failed.
I graduated with honors. I think it makes a difference if you are paying or on a free ride.
I should add that most of those that failed on the governments dime were million mile drivers that just needed to get the licence to be legal:rolleyes:.

I paid 3 grand in '95 and I was probably the only one that paid at a community college, The rest were there on the Government dime, Unemployment. Most of them washed out or failed.
I graduated with honors. I think it makes a difference if you are paying or on a free ride.
I should add that most of those that failed on the governments dime were million mile drivers that just needed to get the licence to be legal:rolleyes:.
i graduated 3rd highest grade average, and perfect attendance...i had to pay for that schooling....no freebies for me. (except the usual grant money, all are eligible for)

and you're right, when i was teaching, way too many real deadbeats were going to the schools, if only to keep thier unemployment checks coming in.

that's EXACTLY what one student told me, he was a cook, and he said that "a friend" was offering him a job, and had NO intention of ever driving.....this was told to me, on his day at the MA, DMV road test.....

yeah........

its been many years so I don't fully remember the price, so I'd say around $2500 for 2 weeks of training.
With inflation the price nowadays might be around $4k maybe $5k tops ?
Though IMO it was well worth it ! to go on my own an pay for my CDL training to be free to work for whoever I choose, that money spent was recuperated in short time (less than 6 months)

Its going to cost $4500 - $6500, plus fees for a DOT physical and CDL permit. Most courses are 160 hours now, about 4 weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread