How much is an '08 Cascadia Freightliner?

RAZOR___

I'm thinking about going to driving school so I've been checking out trucks. I like the Freightliner Cascadia. What do you think about them and how much do they run?

I'm thinking about going to driving school so I've been checking out trucks. I like the Freightliner Cascadia. What do you think about them and how much do they run?

if you're about to go to school, then go and get your edumacation first, then get your experience next.

if you are thinking about buying a truck, and don't even have at least 2-3 years driving experience, you will be doomed to fail, both as a business owner, and driver, read on......

you will NOT know how to desend mountains, you will NOT know how to drive through snowstorms, icey conditions, hurricanes, etc,etc.

so, you will have this huge mortgage payment on a brand new truck, which by the way, most insurance companies WILL NOT insure you due to your lack of experience, and your lack of knowledge, other than your knowledge of how to drink coffee will cause you to make near fatal decisions, and destroying that rig.

now, if you're going to wait till you get your experience, then about $90,000 for starters.

As a third generation driver myself,I wasn't allowed by my elders to get my own truck till I had five years over the road,atleast three winters and had taken a business course. The family didn't want to be hung for my mistakes!! Don't blame 'em,actually worked out well. Don't have my own truck anymore,wish I did,but had to sell cause my wife had unexpected medical bills and our insurance didn't cover it. If you do go O/O asap,you better be good at spending pennies cause like Pro1driver said,insurance will kill you.Not that you won't make good,you might do so,but this industry is about pennies anyway,and if you don't know how to stretch one,you'll be broke and in debt without realizing it.But good luck and I wish you the best,Hopefully will get the chance to catch you at a truckstop somewhere.

Some good advice given here.

To add one thing, even with experience, I wouldn't buy one of these just yet. The Century Class had problems when it first came out, Kenworth't T-2000 had problems when it came out, just about every new design has flaws when it is released, and many of them will only be fixed under the factory warranty.

I think this is going to be a very nice model to own, in a couple years. But I would wait until it has been out for a while to buy one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread