How Much Does It Cost Per Mile For You To Operate?

Right now we are .90 per mile for fuel .90 per mile maintenance and .90 per mile driver with a grand total of minimum $2.70 and still on vacation since April 1st

Also now with fuel at the rate it is you can't compare anything with 2007. fuel has almost doubled since Jan 07

I just posted that cuz it was the lastest year I have numbers on. Also I assumed this question was about the cost to operate just the truck - its various expenses, etc. So pay wasn't included. I don't consider pay an expense, neither does my accountant. Pay comes out of your profit.

Also remember the more miles the lower your fixed cost because you have more miles to spread costs over. Your right fuel has doubled, but since we get a good FSC my pay has increased too. READ: NOT AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE!!! But whose ever paid what they really feel there worth anyway? Besides the CEOs of all these great trucking companies, wonder how fuel is affecting the great JB Hunt's take home pay? I doubt it is. : /

I just posted that cuz it was the lastest year I have numbers on. Also I assumed this question was about the cost to operate just the truck - its various expenses, etc. So pay wasn't included. I don't consider pay an expense, neither does my accountant. Pay comes out of your profit.

Also remember the more miles the lower your fixed cost because you have more miles to spread costs over. Your right fuel has doubled, but since we get a good FSC my pay has increased too. READ: NOT AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE!!! But whose ever paid what they really feel there worth anyway? Besides the CEOs of all these great trucking companies, wonder how fuel is affecting the great JB Hunt's take home pay? I doubt it is. : /

Wouldnt pay be an expense? I would certainly figure it into my cost per mile.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread