How much do O/O's make??

pizzatrucker

I've visited several company websites that claim some O/O's are making $100,000.
Is that true??

100.000 ---minus diesel, insurance, truck payment, IRP registration(company if you lease to them pay for it, and deduct from you pay check) fuel advances fees, quick pay fees, passengers insurance, bobtail insurance. Maintenance fee if you enroll. Ifta taxes, depends on your mileage and so on. In your pocket left from 40.000 to 60.000
base if you have NO break downs. Bad equipment less money.

100.000 ---minus diesel, insurance, truck payment, IRP registration(company if you lease to them pay for it, and deduct from you pay check) fuel advances fees, quick pay fees, passengers insurance, bobtail insurance. Maintenance fee if you enroll. Ifta taxes, depends on your mileage and so on. In your pocket left from 40.000 to 60.000
base if you have NO break downs. Bad equipment less money.

I have a firend he works for Dawes/Roadrunner he's local he got his second truck and is paying decent money ($800.00 a week) to his driver no Health Insurance I think.
I asked what I need to get into his company and he said a truck of course Insurance that he said he pays 120.00 a month, plates ($3000.00 a year for 80,000 Lbs) fuel he pays some $300.00 a week, the first truck is paid for and the second one is almost paid.
:cheers:

I got a question for owner operaters, my husband is thinking about becoming one and hes trying to get all the info he can get to see if its worth it or not hes hearing most possitive some negative he works for Knight Refrigerated can any one give me some pointers on it? Please we can use all we can get, thanks

I'd say 100 to 180 k a year is about right ,, but that is gross,,, operating expense and taxes will bring that down to around 40 to 60k for most

Those figures are about right,but there are some exceptions.I,like some others have found great accountants in their areas that deal with the transportation industry and am doing quite well for myself.I just got back in a week ago because of some family medical problems and it took me a while to get back up where I was,but now I have it again. I was making around 150000 minimum before-Heavy haul.But I know I won't make that now-General freight.Even after overhead before,I cleared 90000+,and that's with vacations and hometime.Keeping spending on a budget is the key.Always saving for the unexpected is also a valuble thing,That's what screwed me over,medical insurance didn't cover that perticular problem.There's all knids of deductions to keep taxes down,and you can also incorparate to limit that even more.The info's out there,you just need to find it by searching every availible resource.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread