How many miles did you drive today?

Between the rolled over truck and car smashed to half it's original size under an ICC bumper within 10 miles of each other shutting down the interstates, my ass is staying home tomorrow.

Home for a week. Too strenuous
I was hoping to get through the weekend but they were short handed so I came back Friday ..

Now if I really don't give a rats Rear-End I just won't answer my phone.

My "Voicemail" is Disabled for a good reason.

Ironically nobody ever thinks to text message or email atleast not at my current carrier and that's on "them"

I much prefer text and email over voice. That's about the only way my company does it. They figure there is a written record that way. You have to choose your words carefully.

I much prefer text and email over voice. That's about the only way my company does it. They figure there is a written record that way. You have to choose your words carefully.
Most don't know how to speak into a phone or they give the phone number super fast..

Also those robocalls also catch the voicemail..

I dunno I got caller I can see who called..

Got sick of having to erase 10/15 voicemails every single day too so I "disabled" it..

Infact I have not had voice mail in nearly a decade now..

And they all say ya know your voicemail is not set up...I just play dumb yet the whole time I'm laughing and calling you a sucker in my head

Last edited:
If you aren't in my contact list, I don't answer. If your call is legit and you leave a message, I'll return it, but most are recorded robo calls. I just block the number.

Let's see yesterday was 544.5 from Lake City MN to about Rapid City SD..

Today I am sitting at 150.2 so far but I took a nap at the rest area and 6.15 hours had past but I "creatively" used P/C to get 34 miles up the road to the Coffee Cup in Moorcroft Wy and Damn it still got 51 minutes to wait for that Full Ten

Probably illegal but damn it I might as well let the 3 some hours pass otherwise I just gotta sit that ten later anyways somewheres else anyways.

I didn't run 1500 miles all week. I also used up 65 hours in 5 days. This week should be more of the same.
Tomorrow is Littleton to Centennial, a Henderson to Fort Collins and a Henderson to SW Denver. That'll be a full day since I'm starting from Home (1 1/2 hours from yard)

I didn't run 1500 miles all week. I also used up 65 hours in 5 days. This week should be more of the same.
Tomorrow is Littleton to Centennial, a Henderson to Fort Collins and a Henderson to SW Denver. That'll be a full day since I'm starting from Home (1 1/2 hours from yard)
Ya but I'm sure that you spend a great deal of time loading and unloading the cars too

Let's see yesterday was 544.5 from Lake City MN to about Rapid City SD..

Today I am sitting at 150.2 so far but I took a nap at the rest area and 6.15 hours had past but I "creatively" used P/C to get 34 miles up the road to the Coffee Cup in Moorcroft Wy and Damn it still got 51 minutes to wait for that Full Ten

Probably illegal but damn it I might as well let the 3 some hours pass otherwise I just gotta sit that ten later anyways somewheres else anyways.
And now I could actually take another nap but now that the Ten is almost up I gotta caffeine up and get 2 or 300 some miles down the road before I can take another nap..and use the split get another 300 or so

That's why they should just do away with the ten or split it down to 5 and 5..

I wouldn't mind 5 hours here and Five hours down the road somewheres else later and that give you the full 14 back..

I don't need an entire Ten Freaking Hours "unless" I'm sleeping one off..

Sober though I just need a 2/3 hour nap and hot coffee and something to eat and I'm set for another 2/3 hundred miles

Ya but I'm sure that you spend a great deal of time loading and unloading the cars too
Load time is 1 - 2 hours, depending on how many units, how much walking, how many damages need written up.

There's guys who claim loading in 25 minutes, but they're not inspecting the units, driving over their straps, not properly tying them down, and usually getting a ride to their units. In other words, guys who haul cars, not carhaulers.

Unload is usually 30-45 minutes, depending on how close to the truck I can park unloaded cars.

Sitting on 429.4 so far made it from Morecroft to Rawlings managed to get afew hours sleep 😴

Still got 6:37 on my 11 Drive and 8:44 total on duty ..

That should land me in Tooele Utah or West Wendover NV..

Even a 2 hour nap but I always oversleep the 2nd nap go about 3/4 hours...

Don't need fuel stop sitting on 3/4s

Maybe that last Utah rest area and I use P/C the last 20 miles into Wendover.

16296819886458099740785044946876.jpg

Last edited:
571.2 miles to round out Sunday 08/22 from about Rapid City SD to Little America Wyoming.

Starving so I'm stopping here to eat rest of my sandwich and grab a coffee refill..

16296934970232547090392818484547.jpg

266.6 miles so far today...

I gotta sit here in West Wendover another 5 and 1/2 hours ..

Later Probably sit at Mill City or Rye Patch Damn Chevron..

Good stopping off point for awhile because I only do the Donner Pass inbetween Midnight and 5 Am "period".

266.6 miles so far today...

I gotta sit here in West Wendover another 5 and 1/2 hours ..

Later Probably sit at Mill City or Rye Patch Damn Chevron..

Good stopping off point for awhile because I only do the Donner Pass inbetween Midnight and 5 Am "period".
Ended up with a total 525.5 from Little American Wyoming & made it to Mill City and wow got atleast 3 hours good sleep 😲.

Headed rest of way in to Sacramento now.

Last edited:
But from where to where to
Left home, delivered and dropped my truck off and back home.

Started my day with having them install 16 ply steers like I asked them to 3 weeks ago. They put 14 ply on.

Truck is now in for a new set of injectors and cups at 600,000 miles. Covered under warranty. $7000 job. Parts were $5500.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread