How many miles did you drive today?

Any C&S warehouse delivery is guaranteed to be worse than a Walmart delivery
This is one of those rare occasions that you're actually correct about something.

I delivered flowers to their DC in New Albany, MS a couple months ago when the mass hysteria was really in full swing. Not too bad other than the mouth breather induced foolishness of having to drop your wagon in the door and drive away. In and out about 2.5 hours.

That's about the extent of my disturbs Walmart experience but I have DEFINITELY heard some horror stories.
Been to the one up in Smyrna a coupla times. We had a trailer dropped there for a good while

Drop yer peddle trailer somewhere, go inside and hook up to the spotted wagon... pull it outside and back up to yer peddle trailer... swap the freight over, take it back in

Major pain in the ass... and dont show with any shipments without a drop number either

Been to the one up in Smyrna a coupla times. We had a trailer dropped there for a good while

Drop yer peddle trailer somewhere, go inside and hook up to the spotted wagon... pull it outside and back up to yer peddle trailer... swap the freight over, take it back in

Major pain in the ass... and dont show with any shipments without a drop number either
Our little niche is hauling plants to greenhouses for the most part. A couple months of the year there are some flower loads out of other places.

An 8 driver company with 10 reefers pretty slim chance of us ever leaving a wagon at some DC. It's really not our typical scene and no way I would wanna deal with them full time.

An 8 driver company with 10 reefers pretty slim chance of us ever leaving a wagon at some DC. It's really not our typical scene and no way I would wanna deal with them full time.
It depends on what you mean by "DC." There's DCs and DCs. What you mean are the screwed up grocery DCs - something thats input for a chain of grocery stores. Those places are typically as effed up as a receiver can get.

Theres a whole different class of DCs that deal with raw material, finished product, etc, that are fed into another product line. Theres none of that delivery in the middle of the night, wait around for hours and then take hours to get unloaded crap. I delivered a ConAgra load this morning... early appointment at 0500, done by 0615ish. No BS, no standing around to talk with lumpers and very little waiting.

It depends on what you mean by "DC." There's DCs and DCs. What you mean are the screwed up grocery DCs - something thats input for a chain of grocery stores. Those places are typically as effed up as a receiver can get.

Theres a whole different class of DCs that deal with raw material, finished product, etc, that are fed into another product line. Theres none of that delivery in the middle of the night, wait around for hours and then take hours to get unloaded crap. I delivered a ConAgra load this morning... early appointment at 0500, done by 0615ish. No BS, no standing around to talk with lumpers and very little waiting.
I know what I mean. Still pretty much zero chance of us dropping one of our trailers at either one. Generally we need those.

Ours got GPS thingys on em now
We had a guy for some reason drop his reefer on the street around the corner from his house with the doors opened. The boss learned about it on a Facebook group if you can believe that.

Wasn't hard to narrow it down since we're so few the reefers are married to the trucks and nobody else had business in that town.:headscratch2:

We had a guy for some reason drop his reefer on the street around the corner from his house with the doors opened. The boss learned about it on a Facebook group if you can believe that.

Wasn't hard to narrow it down since we're so few the reefers are married to the trucks and nobody else had business in that town.:headscratch2:
Thats why ya dont blab on fartbook

I can think of quite a few big companies that have them dropped all over hell's half acre. Probably lucky if they even know where half of them are.
The large carriers maintain fleets of trailers for just that purpose... and spend a lot of money to track them. Its probably mid sized carriers that lose track. Years ago, Prime bought TRL, in Pittston PA, for their land; the contracts were a bonus and the equipment was a pain to be disposed of. So they sold the eauipment... the last time I picked up a load in Bradenton FL from Tropicana, there was still an orphaned TRL trailer in a back lot. It must have sat there for 10 years at least...

537 yesterday. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon trucking than running the Eastern Sandhills and the Outlaw Trail.

Made up for the 20 miles of fresh chip seal (that's 30 mph for me when loaded) and the bridge detour that wasn't marked until a mile before the bridge. Luckily that was in my old neck of the woods, so other than wriggling thru the trees in the tiny town, it was just a bit of running county oil roads.

135ish yesterday. 0 today. 0 tommorrow... in fact, 0 until I get sick 'n fed up with slackin'. Maybe I'll get motivated next week.

Maybe...

612 today. And it is so much easier with the suspension now sitting at the correct height and lots of new parts on the driveline.

4 more drive tires and a fifth wheel adjustment away from being done spending money on the truck..... Until the next thing breaks!

406. but that was unloading 7, bounce a couple hours, grab 9 @ 4 stops, drive a couple more and kick 3 off them off. At Bosselmans home port surrounded by idiots. Lol

Busy day tomorrow. Grab 3 in kearney, unload most of the truck to get 3 off in Pierre, other 6 are two stops in Rapid. Hopefully with enough left on the clock to make Chadron or alliance. [HASH=179]#carhaulerlife[/HASH].

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread