How many miles did you drive today?

321 miles... 24 stops...

518. Started the day off logging everything with the ELD. Once I picked up this load and ran with it for a while, decided to take advantage of the exemption and moved to PC.

I wasn’t going to use the exemption, but changed my mind. It’s available, I’m taking advantage of it. Will I run harder each day? No. Will it help prevent me from running up on my 70? Yes.

I worked 9 hours and did zero miles.
The POS Volvo was threatening to derate.
:thefinger: Pulled the speed sensor and kept rolling. (well the mechanic pulled the speed sensor)
The odometer does not roll over without the speed sensor.

Don't try this at home.

155 miles.

Back home after a day in the shop.

One issue appears to be fixed. We'll see if it's a "root cause" or just one of many.

ABS looks to be needing an ECM module. Will be back to get it installed Thursday. Had to order the part in as well.
If it makes you feel any better, I bought a wiper motor off the shelf for a 41 year old truck today. Keep yours long enough they may stock the parts!

Sorry, and I know I'm being an ass. On the flip side I can't find where to plug the eld in, so there's that.

480 and a pick. Plenty of rain SW Misery up to the St Clair scales on 44 - open both directions this evening. N Aurora IL at the hidey hole. Pretty busy tonight... fer a hidey hole.

Got back to the shop to have the abs ecm module installed in the morning.

Semper Gumby ruled and we are parking the open deck at the house and I got us both a dry van for the summer.

2020-03-25_18.11.54.jpg

Heavy pig with full tanks

IMG_20200325_170847698~2.jpg

Last edited:
Why are you pulling a dry van for the summer?
Covid-19 freight.

Lot of what we were seeing for rates and availability of flatbed stuff is drying up.

Seems people still need food stuffs.

Not sure what others are seeing, but traffic is almost non-existent right now.

I rolled from Detroit lakes home and saw maybe 6 cars in 170 miles.

St cloud was like a ghost town.

363. Lost about 4 hours waiting to swap a few cars with the company slow poke. I had hoped to load tonight, but with all the canceled flights, rental counters closed early.

470 today. Got me to the T/A in Terrell, TX. Fuel, shower, refreshments, and deliver tomorrow in Wilmer. Dropping off paper towels, and picking up the same thing from the same place to take to Oklahoma.

A drop, and 222 - northbound deadhead. The Kraft DC in North Aurora seemed busier than usual. It's run by DHC, and there was no attempt by them to improve conditions for social distancing, like many places are doing now. They still don't see a need for hand soap in the john.

An uneven response it seems.

St Louis was totally dead yesterday, but the afternoon traffic between Chicago and Milwaukee on I94 seemed as packed as ever today. North of Port Washington, up to Green Bay, there was hardly any traffic at all. The truck stop up here that I use cut their evening hours.

231 miles today, I'm about 20 miles from dropping off my paper towels at Sam's in Lawton.

And this is the perfect picture of wasted time.

Arrived to unload my "members mark" paper towels today. The big rolls in the orange wrapping. 1250 cases, all on chep pallets.

3 1/2 hours later, my truck was unloaded.

I stayed in the door I unloaded in, proceeded to go inside with my pickup number.

Another 2 1/2 hours later, I was reloaded with the same freaking paper towels, same case count, same chep pallets.

6 hours at this place to have my truck unloaded and reloaded with the same crap.

To make it worse, other drivers were there for the same amount of time with the exact same thing happening. All Sam's loads.

With detention, I will be paid a little over $900 to take these paper towels 200 miles. That is after being paid $1750 to bring them to Texas from Georgia. So, more than $2650, just to me, to transport the paper towels, and it could have been direct shipped and delivered yesterday.

I love my job

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread