How many miles did you drive today?

I drove 360 miles today and accomplished very little. 180 miles to complete delivery this morning.

While unloading, I found a decent paying short load going from illinoiz to wiskahnsin. Arrived for my noon pickup, and was informed at the gate that the pickup was set for the next day. Well, crap. $150 TONU and over to Effingham to camp out and look for another load.

Between my lack of hours, and how late it was getting in the day, really couldn’t find anything I could do today. Ended up booking a pickup for tomorrow, so bounced another 50 miles over to Marshall so I will be close to pickup in Paris tomorrow.

Like I said, accomplished almost nothing today.

528 miles. Including 90 to go pickup the load.

9.33 hours.:headscratch2:

56.?? Mph average.

Slobposse I shouldn't complain considering I spent close to 4 1/2 hours driving 55 mph. The rest of it at 63 mph

Big portion of it was 2-lane through Illinois just getting to US 36/I72 in Decatur.

On a different note...

Hory crawp......

The work done to the truck makes it something I don't recognize.
@Injun
Rock solid water temp at 175-185. No more bouncing 190-210 with constant cooling fan on.

Last time I ran avenue of the saints, the hills would slow me to about 53-55.

Now it's pretty much a flat road. Cruise set at 63, might slow to 61 mph.

Work completed last week. All because a compression gas test showed positive on the coolant.

EGR cooler replaced
Radiator replaced
Water pump oring replaced again.
Turbo speed sensor wire
Ran the 450k mile overhead on the engine
Replaced LR drive abs sensor.
How's your fuel economy?

596 mi and home until Monday. Office duties call

Delivered the tractor today and when they put it in the shed they had a pair of 1962 Massey Ferguson super 92 in the shop. They're going down to Nebraska to pick up a third.

He's looking for a Massey weight rack for the front of one and he needs a pair of fenders for a low profile super 90.

Last edited:
Didn't have roads like that until north of Watertown SD.

Sisseton hill sucked ice balls. Looked about like what @AK7 posted.
Thanks for letting me know what I get to see tomorrow!

248 in just over 7 hours today. Thank you CDOT rockfall mitigation and Denver morons! Could have gotten a few more hours in, but didn't want today's late start to carry through the week. Didn't have enough to make Alliance, and Sidney sucks, so Sterling for the night (and normal 6am start tomorrow.)

The south side of the hills was were all the ice is.

Basically the west lanes on both directions on 29. As you go north,it's the uphill. Going south, downhill sides

I didn't hit ice patches until MM 189. After you go down sisseton hill, the interstate was clear.

Basically over 1700 feet elevation was icy.

I turned off the interstate at sd 10 at exit 232

Last edited:
Well crud! 445, should have been 620 or so. Dealer said they were open until 6, get here at 5:20 and all locked up, and of course no one will answer the after hours numbers. Oh well, it'll give me time to switch the load around so I don't have to do it tomorrow. That'll get my 2 drops and 3 picks done quicker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread