How many miles did you drive today?

None... yet.

:mad:

Finally, I get decent miles on a weekend. It’s rare. I usually end up doing groceries or short haul stuff and since I hate working full 14 hour days I get pissy and stop after about 12 hours.

For example, yesterday I had 450 miles and it took all of 14 hours. I had 38 minutes left when I got to Hammond to the cross dock after Friday Chicago traffic and short haul crap for Beaver Dam.

IMO that’s when this job sucks. I’ve never been a short haul driver. Some guys love it.

Technically yesterday, 257.4 in the old F250. Partially out of MPG curiosity and partially to look at an old FLD. Between that and the previous 33.3 miles (290.7 altogether) commuting to and from work all week it averaged about 17.5mpg. The actual math worked out to 17.7 but I'm rounding down a little for potential filling variance.

Pretty good for a 6.9 IDI with the 4 speed manual, IMHO.

542. 41 minutes remaining and 48 minutes on my 14.

3 drop and hooks, one live unload, and really dumb routing from 80/294 into the Hammond store on the north side of 90.

I really should have taken the time to find my own route into that one...

542. 41 minutes remaining and 48 minutes on my 14.

3 drop and hooks, one live unload, and really dumb routing from 80/294 into the Hammond store on the north side of 90.

I really should have taken the time to find my own route into that one...
I follow the company GPS out of curiosity every so often. It's always stupid.

Change of underwear & clean pants, good to go. 👍
Accident in the I70 tunnel in wheeling WV. Shut down the interstate and traffic was backed up into PA. Took 2 hours to go from exit 1 in PA to exit 11 for the TA. That was at 3 pm.

I have no clue when it cleared, but when I went to bed at 7 after eating and a shower, traffic was still stopped.

my goal for the day was to be at the Petro in new Paris Ohio. 240 miles across Ohio.

350-ish. Some at work, most going to a radio station to pick up tickets that I'll never use. Just because I never win anything in my life. Added a little sightseeing. Good exercise for the drooly since it still needs broken in.

Accident in the I70 tunnel in wheeling WV. Shut down the interstate and traffic was backed up into PA. Took 2 hours to go from exit 1 in PA to exit 11 for the TA. That was at 3 pm.

I have no clue when it cleared, but when I went to bed at 7 after eating and a shower, traffic was still stopped.

my goal for the day was to be at the Petro in new Paris Ohio. 240 miles across Ohio.
Yikes. Any idea what happened?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread