How many miles did you drive today?

125 this morning. Now for another 10 hour break until I go in to unload tonight.

You must be exhausted.
I am, actually.

Wake up, drive two hours, then sit for another 10.

This break will be up in about 90 minutes, then time to start my day.

Any sleep? No. But, I’ve had 10 hours off so I am completely rested, lol.

Only doing this because this load was originally supposed to unload at 0400 this morning. By the time the delivery changed (a few days ago), I already had my next load lined out and I did not want to lose the rate I negotiated.

So, with this broker in a bind, I just drove up the rate another $500, since my trailer was already being loaded when they changed my time. This was after already raising the rate when low altitude routing showed up on my rate con.

Normally, a 2200 unload time would result in me giving the load back.

I am, actually.

Only doing this because this load was originally supposed to unload at 0400 this morning. By the time the delivery changed (a few days ago), I already had my next load lined out and I did not want to lose the rate I negotiated.

So, with this broker in a bind, I just drove up the rate another $500, since my trailer was already being loaded when they changed my time. This was after already raising the rate when low altitude routing showed up on my rate con.

In all seriousness, that is a problem. I've had long unloads sitting bolt upright in a day cab and I'm actually exhausted at the end.

Technically, I didn't do anything. But I'm tired. Hard to get going after those.

In all seriousness, that is a problem. I've had long unloads sitting bolt upright in a day cab and I'm actually exhausted at the end.

Technically, I didn't do anything. But I'm tired. Hard to get going after those.

This won’t be too tough. 58 mile drive in a couple hours, wait to unload, then. 15 mile drive to the next shipper where I can go to sleep.

Tomorrow will suck because I am not used to being up late at night other than at home drinking and binge watching Netflix.

7 miles one way to sit in high school bleachers for the last time.

Then 5 miles one way to sit in the boat for 4 hours relaxing.

631 miles in the truck.

then a 122 mile commute home.

So that's like what? 937 miles?

After being puking a shitting sick yesterday afternoon from (I think) bad lettuce, I think I kinda kick ass.

Maybe not at math, but I still kick ass.

Oh yeah, someone remind me a need a new grey tote that I normally carry all my cleaning supplies in...

It got sacrificed...

631 miles in the truck.

then a 122 mile commute home.

So that's like what? 937 miles?

After being puking a ****ting sick yesterday afternoon from (I think) bad lettuce, I think I kinda kick ass.

Maybe not at math, but I still kick ass.

Oh yeah, someone remind me a need a new grey tote that I normally carry all my cleaning supplies in...

It got sacrificed...
You need a new grey tote :D

I am, actually.

All those plans. Then.....

Arrive at gate at 2100.

Receiver says: drop trailer over there, we will be done with it by 0700.

So, dropped trailer, parked beside it, and went to bed for another 10 hour break, 8 of it collecting detention. They ended up finishing it at 0530, so only 5.5 hours of detention to collect on the receiving end.

The cost of this load gets more expensive at every turn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread