How many miles did you drive today?

570. Around Atlanta twice, probably going to need therapy after that.

Qualcomm, after being without it for a week, worked for two days. Back on paper logs. I might put it into the shop in Gary tomorrow evening, or I might just stay on paper until they panic and force me to get it fixed. If they replace stuff tomorrow, I will have to wait until at least Tuesday for it to be activated, and probably another week again for them to completely get it set up properly.

They will want to replace the black box again. I think the antenna or whatever it's called on top of the truck is the problem at this point, that or wiring.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a hustle. Adairsville GA, Fayetteville, TN, Frankfort, IN, Gary, IN. 697 city to city on Google maps, so I'm clearly looking at over 700 tomorrow to complete what I am looking to complete. Outside of holiday traffic, Monteagle is the only thing that should really slow me down. If I complete this route, I might put the truck in the shop for the qualcomm to be fixed.

Starting out with an easy 30 mile round trip with a load going in and a load coming out of the same place.

That's a minimum $150 for tonight. Puts me around $1900 even if I don't do anything else.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a hustle. Adairsville GA, Fayetteville, TN, Frankfort, IN, Gary, IN. 697 city to city on Google maps, so I'm clearly looking at over 700 tomorrow to complete what I am looking to complete. Outside of holiday traffic, Monteagle is the only thing that should really slow me down. If I complete this route, I might put the truck in the shop for the qualcomm to be fixed.
They are working on ex 169 on 24 as well be ready for a back up there. Last week it was backed up to the river bend on Friday at 1200.

Have them replace the wire with the phone plug looking thing to the antenna. #1 culprit at HUB.

Have them replace the wire with the phone plug looking thing to the antenna. #1 culprit at HUB.

I'm thinking the problem might be there as well. The unit was blinking off and back on for an hour or so today because it was losing signal. If no satellite or whatever is detected, it will shut off and back on. Did this until the whole unit just gave up and quit today.

I would say it was there or the BUS looking plug that power comes through, but if the lugs are tight there the antenna is most likely it.

Good luck convincing the mechanic of that.

I'm looking at about 240 miles by the time I'm done. 5 loads, one empty shuttle between customers, and one empty into the yard. Should take about 9 hours overall.

I'm on my 30 right now. Should gross $2145 this week.

Having said that, as good as the money is, I don't want to do these very often. I was already sick and now I'm just beat.

I'm thinking the problem might be there as well. The unit was blinking off and back on for an hour or so today because it was losing signal. If no satellite or whatever is detected, it will shut off and back on. Did this until the whole unit just gave up and quit today.

My QC did that same crap. They replaced the black box nope, then the QC unit nope, then the antenna cord nope, finally the sat receiver bingo it's been problem free for 2 years now.

Over 700 today, not sure off the top of my head how much.

Made it to Gary, and they are doing absolutely nothing to my Qualcomm. NOTHING.......

The unit booted up and is functioning at the moment. They told me that unless it messes up while they are looking at it, nothing they can do. The conversation escalated from there, might post about it in another thread. Might get a phone call from HR over this, LOL.

Over 700 today, not sure off the top of my head how much.

Made it to Gary, and they are doing absolutely nothing to my Qualcomm. NOTHING.......

The unit booted up and is functioning at the moment. They told me that unless it messes up while they are looking at it, nothing they can do. The conversation escalated from there, might post about it in another thread. Might get a phone call from HR over this, LOL.
It could have an "accident"......just saying ;)

Hear that @Mike better not leave that compartment open. I mean someone could try and snatch it and end up ripping the wires out or something:toothpick:

You know if that side box was accidently left open.

Or I heard about this driver one time who was stacking stuff on his bunk and then went to lift it to get underneath for something and a hammer landed right on the junction of the antenna wire on the black box. Damn shame being that unlucky:cautious:

Hear that @Mike better not leave that compartment open. I mean someone could try and snatch it and end up ripping the wires out or something:toothpick:

You know if that side box was accidently left open.

Or I heard about this driver one time who was stacking stuff on his bunk and then went to lift it to get underneath for something and a hammer landed right on the junction of the antenna wire on the black box. Damn shame being that unlucky:cautious:

When it finally gets worked on, it won't be here at the Gary terminal. They are probably going to have to force me into an OC to get it fixed at this point. I have stacks of log books and no patience for lazy jerks at the OC's at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread