How many miles did you drive today?

557. Valentine to Rapid to Bismarck. A grand tour of some of our most sparsely populated (and poorest) counties.
Hammer, we were sitting near a car hauler last night. The poor guy is afraid of losing his truck over the halt of new car manufacturing. He said he was told by whomever he gets his loads from that this was the last load until auto manufacturers start producing again.

Just hoping that you make it through this stuff okay.

Hammer, we were sitting near a car hauler last night. The poor guy is afraid of losing his truck over the halt of new car manufacturing. He said he was told by whomever he gets his loads from that this was the last load until auto manufacturers start producing again.

Just hoping that you make it through this stuff okay.
Thank you for the kind thoughts!

I'll be fine for a couple months if it comes down to it. We have a few folks here that have budgets based on using all of good money we normally make, that I worry about. Younger guys who won't listen when you to explain a storm will come someday.

My biggest worry is for the OTR guys. The population centers were already limited on places to grab a bite, that's gonna get to be a problem. And getting into DC's will be like trying to get into Hunt's Point used to be if things go really bad. It'll be running a gauntlet of bad guys waiting for easy prey.

420. Crappy roads from Bismarck to Valley City, and having to twice unload 3 to get 2 on /off. That stuff really makes me appreciate my ELD.

I mean who wouldn't want to twiddle their thumbs for a couple hours until they're sleepy? That's much more safe and enjoyable than working a few more hours and getting some good rest. 🦄

Add a /s, just in case.

641. Unloaded in Tucson, reloaded in Nogales, made it to Van Horn en route to the Atlanta area.

Parked by the McDonalds that I probably can’t go inside, lol.
Some of them that do a lot of truck business let you do carry out. I think it depends on much as whether the manager has a brain or not.

374 and a pick. Parked at Becks BP in Lincoln (locked down) IL. Didn't feel like cooking, so got takeout from the Arby's.

So far, Wisconsin is the only state with ultra-stupid rules for take out food that I've encountered.

No fresh, prepared takeout like subs - hot stuff like fried chicken was OK. No fountain drinks, staff had to pour coffee for you into takeout cups they provided. Don't know if this was a blanket order, but there wasn't any coffee service overnight at all at Kwik Trip.

Stupid :coocoo:
Kansas and other states are the same way. No fresh food at all

621. Still plenty driving time left on the clock for today, but less than 10 hours left on my 70 so no sense in pushing any further. Won’t pick up hours before Tuesday, so resetting after I stop tomorrow.

This will be the first time I have taken a reset because I actually needed it since I got my authority, and honestly can’t remember the last time I actually needed one.

432. Close as I cared to get to my pickups. In Dexter, at least I can eat here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread