How long is wait in Seattle ports?

Anyone know about how long the wait in the Seattle ports usually is? Also, does anyone know the roads from Yakima, wa to Moses Lake, wa and how well they're maintained during winter? TIA

@Injun is out resident NW expert.

But having worked ports that wait time could be 5 minutes to 5 hours and if your ship is late or the cranes go down (weather, maintenance, union strike......) 5 days. Most ports you can in and out in an hour no worries, maybe less.

No clue on the port. Every time I got to Seattle I went to a terminal outside of the port.

As to Yakima to Moses lake, it's all big road and nice road at that.

I've never really had complaints on Washington dot.

Screenshot_20170830-203911.png

No clue on the port. Every time I got to Seattle I went to a terminal outside of the port.

As to Yakima to Moses lake, it's all big road and nice road at that.

I've never really had complaints on Washington dot.

View attachment 41667
Big road or not that can get rough in the winter can't it? Picturing some big hills but been awhile.

That area isn't too bad really. They are long and continuous around Moses lake. About it.

Some pretty good pulls east of Ellensburg until you get to George and maintenance can be questionble at times, as was shown this last winter, when the intersection of I-90 and US395 stayed icy and hard-pack snow covered for a few weeks. It was like they just gave up.

Some of the most catastrophic (read: multiple vehicle) crashes we've had in Washington have been in the canyons and hills between Ellensburg and Vantage. ...and those crashes usually don't happen during winter months.

Take your time, don't get in a hurry and don't let anyone push you. If you're not comfortable running on chains and the chain law is up, park it. In that area, when they say chains required, they mean it.

As for ports, I have no idea. I don't deal with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread