How is the May 5 shutdown going?

Wyatt Earp

I am seeing alot of trucks moving today. I thought today was the big SHUTDOWN. Why are there so many trucks Running?????? Very DISCOURAGING

Don't worry Bandit, I am just going to sit back and watch, I have seen no trucks here this morning. For Indiana this is strange, maybe they are finally getting the picture, or they are out of fuel and money

Ditto

To All above post's.
The trucks are running.
I live off a road to scale bypass.
Company trucks mostly.
But alot of o/o.
Mostly dumps, after all in this dried up state all that pay's and is moving is scrap.
While scrap rymes with Pat.
I have been told you are watching these boards.
I'll will be posting soon rate sheets.
Under all your company names. So ur o/o and company drivers will see how much u a taking off the top.On your flat bed & dumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know who I am, And You know I don't give a shit.
The big D! say's one rate for all.
Funny ur boy is paying $250.00/ and the sheets state $550.00.
I also want the parts back We Paid For That YOUR Dumb Ass Took off our truck.
I have the settlement, It show's it Stupid!!
It's been 3 month's I'm tired of waiting.
Have A Happy Day....................
Oh by the way the other 4 who came on with us,
Damn good paper work keeper's.
Damn good friends.
Kicking Back and Taking picture's.
Smile,
Get it! The part's (which were new) Or the money.
And the money stoled from us on our loads.
LUNACHIC

Since today is the day, any reports on what the roads are looking like? Are the results better or worse than last month?

I have moved since the last shutdown, and no longer anywhere near an interstate to check it out.

Looks like a normal day to me. Wife and I just went an ate lunch, and there were as many trucks as normal out on the road.

Really haven't heard nearly as much about this shutdown as the one back in April.

Did anyone else shutdown today? why are trucks still moving with all the b/s going on with the fuel? Is everyone just gonna run till they go out of business?

Did anyone else shutdown today? why are trucks still moving with all the b/s going on with the fuel? Is everyone just gonna run till they go out of business?
It does not look like it!
But I did my Share, went out to the hard top and used sign lang.

The core group of us and several others went out to a pond , we fished and BBQ a great day.
I hope you and your "Core Group" had a nice time, because from what I saw, damn near everyone else was working and trucking. Maybe the "Core Group" should have spent a little more time getting the word out to the Truckers and the Citizens. There has been post after post saying that most of the drivers hadn't even heard about a Shutdown/Strike on May 5th. There were a few of us here at the TruckersForum that worked damn hard trying to get the word out to as many as we could. I guess, tonight, we all look pretty damn stupid. This is by far, the saddest excuse I've ever seen for a National Truckers & Citizens Shutdown/Strike. :sad::headscratch2::dunno::thud:

Sorry, I guess if I don't have anything good or constructive to say, I shouldn't say anything, but I couldn't help myself. :pissed: After telling everyone I've come in contact with for the past 2 wks that this was really going to be the biggest Shutdown ever, and was going to be the beginning of the taking back of America by the people....HA,HA,HA, :blah:

????Shutdown????

:headscratch2:Did someone say something about shutting something down? :eek:Does anyone know what it was they were going to shut down?
:sad:Does anyone know when we're supposed to shut down whatever it is that we're supposed to shut down?
:dunno:I'm a little confused about all of this????

As bad as I hate to say it,we are just pissing in the wind here...We have done our part, the rest is up to the rest of America. They will keep running until they see that they cant make ends meet and then they will be crying worse than babies!:whistle:

To answer your questions wyatt, Yes I'm still sitting and will continue... dunno why they are still rolling, I guess they like paying 4.00 plus for fuel...and yep, they will not wake up to whats in store for them until its way too late,after all they are "educated"?:runningaround:

Sorry, I guess if I don't have anything good or constructive to say, I shouldn't say anything, but I couldn't help myself. :pissed: After telling everyone I've come in contact with for the past 2 wks that this was really going to be the biggest Shutdown ever, and was going to be the beginning of the taking back of America by the people....HA,HA,HA, :blah:

Bandit, thats why I'm learning to NEVER make predictions.:eek: Cheer up my friend, at least YOU know whats going on...the rest of Americans that are still chasing the elusive rabbit are in for a very rude awakening! impo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread