Holy ****! I Love Me Some Euro Trucks!

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
So I am spinning this off of a thread that was meant to be a troll thread, but, I was steering it hard into having this discussion but it got locked. So. While everyone knows I do like RED OVALS and STARCARS. My true love actually lies overseas. I love euro style cabovers and bullnose Trucks. My favorite being the Scania with a V-8. Something about the sound and the rumble. I got to ride in a scania with a V-8 while deployed as well as a MAN, a DAF and a Mercedes. The Scania was the best ride. I loved every second of it. I also like how European Tangs do their trucks up with light bars and vinyls, or elegant painted images and pin striping, much like that of show truck owners in the states.
49F02B61-7D81-4986-9C8D-9CB837E830AA.jpeg2BE4DACC-E605-444B-AABE-B3856D6FB829.jpeg5F69667A-91C2-40D6-BF03-27D97BD28EA5.jpeg
Also love them side pipes. And they have events like drifting and convoys.

So any of you like Euro trucks?

I think the euro trucks look really cool, and would love to get inside and check one out.

Never hated Cabovers, had the Freightliner that didn’t have a doghouse for a really short time and thought it as really cool compared to the cabovers i was driving to that point.

some are rolling some coal too

II used to lap up some good circles in the snow in a cabover daycab when I workd for food lion

I think the euro trucks look really cool, and would love to get inside and check one out.

Never hated Cabovers, had the Freightliner that didn’t have a doghouse for a really short time and thought it as really cool compared to the cabovers i was driving to that point.
I have always been a cabover nut, ever since I was a kid. I wish Iowa 80 would let me in that Cracker Jack Box GMC they have because I have never been in one of those. Euro trucks have a flat floor because the engine sits lower between the frame rails, the cooling package is also lower and the engine fan is typically driven off of the crankshaft instead of having its own belt driven hub. Also like a condo all the space above your head is open or has compartments that are useable.

some are rolling some coal too

II used to lap up some good circles in the snow in a cabover daycab when I workd for food lion
Hell yeah. That would be fun. I thought about trying to whip some donuts in this in the winter. But i would probably set off my Gyro sensor and get a critical even for stability.

When I was in Ireland I noticed everything was either super shrink wrapped or in some type of curtainside.

we’re still climbing on loads to tarp them.

Last edited:
@Duck in spots in this video you get some pretty good sound of a Scania V-8 STO.

There’s also parts of this video that remind me of my drive on AR-103 and 21 this morning, trying hard to keep right of center.

Lots of good looking trucks in the video and some shots of London and Dublin. Enjoy

When I was in Ireland I noticed everything was either super shrink wrapped or in some type of curtainside.

we’re still climbing in loads to tarp them.
Yeah, they definitely do some different things over there that’s for sure. We actually have a driver that immigrated from Dublin. He’s a really cool cat to talk to. Tells lots of stories of how things are different there. He was also in the Army. So we share stories of that too when we run into one another. If I could get a US drive set up version of a Scania T series I would be on it.

If anyone sees any cool set ups on the web or any of our European Members wish to share pics of rides, I’d love to see them.

There is one Euro-truck that I used to see running southern Ontario and up-state NY. I think it was a MAN or Scania i can't remember. It is cool to see but, I wouldn't want to drive it.
I love the look of the American made COEs but again, I wouldn't want to drive it. Okay, maybe drive it one time.

Yeah
There is one Euro-truck that I used to see running southern Ontario and up-state NY. I think it was a MAN or Scania i can't remember. It is cool to see but, I wouldn't want to drive it.
I love the look of the American made COEs but again, I wouldn't want to drive it. Okay, maybe drive it one time.
yeah the European manufacturers that sell trucks in the US have models specifically designed for US market. And you rarely see anything US driven over there.

That’s cool you seen one over here though. I didn’t figure they would be legal to driver here without severe modifications. Like Euro cars. You have to pay a **** ton to money to have them modified to meet US whatever standards.

So I am spinning this off of a thread that was meant to be a troll thread, but, I was steering it hard into having this discussion but it got locked. So. While everyone knows I do like RED OVALS and STARCARS. My true love actually lies overseas. I love euro style cabovers and bullnose Trucks. My favorite being the Scania with a V-8. Something about the sound and the rumble. I got to ride in a scania with a V-8 while deployed as well as a MAN, a DAF and a Mercedes. The Scania was the best ride. I loved every second of it. I also like how European Tangs do their trucks up with light bars and vinyls, or elegant painted images and pin striping, much like that of show truck owners in the states.
View attachment 53068View attachment 53069View attachment 53070
Also love them side pipes. And they have events like drifting and convoys.

So any of you like Euro trucks?

But... but... they've got *shudder* Volvos 'n shit!

:eek-64:

volvo-fh16-classic-heavy-duty-addon-v1-0-beta4_1.jpg

Yeah

yeah the European manufacturers that sell trucks in the US have models specifically designed for US market. And you rarely see anything US driven over there.

That’s cool you seen one over here though. I didn’t figure they would be legal to driver here without severe modifications. Like Euro cars. You have to pay a **** ton to money to have them modified to meet US whatever standards.
You could be right but I found this image. I am not sure of the story behind it. It's a Your-a peein' Kenworth.
1573694957410.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread