Hi Ho....Hi Ho....Hi Hook....!

couple of 2x4s for what? The handle is a replacement one that is the wrong replacement.
2x4;s under the tires for high hook or if it is too low for the fifth wheel you can put the 2x4's on the frame rails with the air dropped and raise the air to raise the trailer and lower the gear until you can get under it to hook

2x4;s under the tires for high hook or if it is too low for the fifth wheel you can put the 2x4's on the frame rails with the air dropped and raise the air to raise the trailer and lower the gear until you can get under it to hook

So basically making a wooden RGN ramp. Either might be useful, except that these low spec trucks don't have air drop on the drives. The trailer was too high, and the handle was a PITA to fight with but I got the trailer dropped to where I could get under it and lift it to make running the landing gear easier.

Really wish they had air controls for the drives, but such is the life of corp specced trucks. As it is, with their gearing and tuning, the truck isn't running at it's best performance point in 10th so it actually gets worse economy than if they either let us run faster, or specced the trucks accordingly for runnin 63 as the corp speed limit.

Yesterday, had a trailer that was a little high but I hooked it anyways. Couldn't crank the landing gear becuz the handle was stuck up on the cross members of the frame, under pressure. Risked injury if I tried to force it out.

So, I basically dragged the trailer about 15 to 20 feet until the dolly legs hit a dip in the pavement. Easy then to release the crank handle and wind up the landing gear and off I go.

Of course I stopped for a minute and explained the situation to the truck beside me who'd been honking his air horn at me......:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread