hi all

slow driver

I'm Mike. I have been driving over 14 years paid my truck off this past Oct and divorced over a year ago. Don't know, but those to things may have something in common. Thought i would try this out since i do not know many people and get bored easy lol. Also sick of dating sites they suck for drivers i think that I'd lol

LOL no not a prime driver o/o ATS , and defiantly not looking for a date. :) Just tired of being bored that's all

I saw an ATS this morning in Morris, IL.

Dude had an RGN carrying what appeared to be two jeeps & a tag axle. He only had 6 axles on the ground, but I counted 11 total. I wonder what the hell he's coming back from hauling.

Oh, and another irrelevant piece of news, ... I read in a newspaper this AM that ATS changed their logo. "The Trucker" actually considered that news-worthy, LOL.

Yea looks like a Nissan emblem now lol.. I'm taking bets with other ats guys on how long b4 they get sued haha :p . Do not know why that would be news worthy though. Well loading to BC from Laredo in am so better catch some zs

Welcome to the forum! It's entertaining and informative on this board. You will not be bored. Many times I should be racking in and end up being awake longer than I should, Just reading this and that.

BTW. ATS Your not slow your just heavy. Just kidding. lol.

Yea looks like a Nissan emblem now lol.. I'm taking bets with other ats guys on how long b4 they get sued haha :p . Do not know why that would be news worthy though. Well loading to BC from Laredo in am so better catch some zs

In 2007 I think, ... my company changed their logo for the first time since like 1958 I think.

I was given a brand new truck the same year, with the new logo. I took a close-up photo of it on the door of the truck and made a version of it that looks like mercury, liquid metal, with a reflection of one of their trucks in it. I didn't do anything with it, I was just bored.

A few months later the #2 guy in the company was in his office yelling about how much he wants to kill Bill Gates and how much Microsoft and Windows XP sucks, ... I says "what's the problem". He was trying to re-install Windows XP on the laptop the night dispatchers take home for "emergency Comchecks".. and it wasn't working, and he was running out of time. He told me he'd give me $50 to get it to install, so I did that. I used that liquid metal version of the logo for it's desktop background image just for the hell of it.

Another few months go by, and Volvo's new computers were set up so only the dealers can set the governor speeds. The big boss didn't like that because he has a lead foot and never drives any of his company's trucks without first having the mechanics disable it's governor. So he went out and bought a brand new Peterbilt so he can have his "large car" to drive maybe 600 miles a month.

The first thing I noticed when I saw that "flagship" Peterbilt was on the door, the logo was almost identical to the one I made. The only difference was it wasn't as vivid and realistic looking because it was printed on weatherproof vinyl by a low-resolution printer.

I was kinda flattered and ticked at the same time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread