Hi all! Green Trucking fanatic here...

I'd like to start a 6-10 truck dedicated reefer entity with all the aero mods (plus mine) from LA to Houston or San Diego to 1,500-1,600 miles up the western coast on alternative fuels displaying my aero mods for 18 wheelers.

Fingers crossed....

My truck gets 5 empty...if I'm lucky. Usually about 2.9 - 4 loaded. I pull "green" wind energy stuff. Sometimes I go cross eyed thinking about it.

i dont think hes gonna tell us.

I think I scared him off. I hope not. I was only playing with him. If he comes back I'll welcome him to the forum.

He's talking about stuff like belly skirts or those funny looking things on the back of van trailers. I'm actually interested in seeing some actual 3rd party numbers about how much fuel is actually saved. And I understand how vortex generators can increase the speed or fuel efficiency of aircraft, but though I've been seeing them on trucks lately, I don't know how well they work.

Can't trust the tree huggers or the actual manufacturers of those things to give honest numbers, gotta go with what the fleets are seeing themselves.

I think I scared him off. I hope not. I was only playing with him. If he comes back I'll welcome him to the forum.

He's talking about stuff like belly skirts or those funny looking things on the back of van trailers. I'm actually interested in seeing some actual 3rd party numbers about how much fuel is actually saved. And I understand how vortex generators can increase the speed or fuel efficiency of aircraft, but though I've been seeing them on trucks lately, I don't know how well they work.

Can't trust the tree huggers or the actual manufacturers of those things to give honest numbers, gotta go with what the fleets are seeing themselves.

Dude, slow down. That is where you will gain the most. It has been proven by 3rd, 4th, 5th....parties. Driver behavior is the single most important factor in fuel economy.

Dude, slow down. That is where you will gain the most. It has been proven by 3rd, 4th, 5th....parties. Driver behavior is the single most important factor in fuel economy.

Slowing down sucks and doesn't get the freight delivered on time, unless scheduling allows you to drive like a turtle the whole way. That would be nice, but ain't gonna happen in a competitive industry full of rate *****s and cut-throats.

I've wondered if a sort of diesel-electric kind of thing like they have on the locomotives would help efficiency by letting the engine run at it's most efficient RPM. Acceleration wouldn't suffer by having the power removed during shifting, and with individual electric motors on each hub we could have full-time 4 wheel drive that gives us better snow traction. I bet there would be enough efficiency gained to offset the extra weight. But payload would suffer unless the EPA and the DOT get together to allow for the weight.

Driving slower gives you more time to listen to music, talk radio, audio books, learning a language, the list goes on and on. I think maybe this is the reason some drivers don't want to slow down or they say they will be bored. Not me, I have so much to do when I drive. An 11 hour day is nothing to me and it goes by really quickly.

I put the tunes on. I can't even move the truck around a parking lot without tunes. But I still don't wanta drive any less than 65 mph if I don't have to.

I don't see what the difference is. I'm paid to drive. Not drive 65 or any other speed. So, what difference does it make at what speed I drive? I get there. I have never, not once, not gotten there.

how did i guess he was from LA one of his home bases. if they want greener trucks then how about we all just not drive period and keep the trucks shut down that will work or we could have all the illgals carry the crap over to ca on foot. considering the newer trucks exsaust cleaner air than what they take in. and i won't go into a truck that will come out looking like a prius

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread