Hey RJ....

Southern Fried

Is it still illegal to run recaps on tankers up there??? I remember that it got put in place way back in the 80's when I was running fuel tank because of a couple of firey accidents around TO and all the crocodile tears from the tank outfits.

Our current outfit is going through a major case of the "cheaps" due to all the money they've pizzed away in expensive computer programs the past couple of years and they're eyeing recaps again. :bonk:

Is it still illegal to run recaps on tankers up there??? I remember that it got put in place way back in the 80's when I was running fuel tank because of a couple of firey accidents around TO and all the crocodile tears from the tank outfits.

Our current outfit is going through a major case of the "cheaps" due to all the money they've pizzed away in expensive computer programs the past couple of years and they're eyeing recaps again. :bonk:
I am not sure, I would imagine it would still be illegal. I can find out for sure if you want. I am not sure why they would want to run caps on a tanker, they would tear the shit out of the fenders and everything else. Not that new tires cant blow. My experience has been that caps blow more often.

Yeah, it's especially dumb on hazmat chemicals. But these are corporate type folks who "know better" than dumb ol folks who have been in the industry for years. All that matters is what looks good on paper..... and they're worried about their jobs right now since Bud Adams the owner passed away. http://www.adamsresources.com/

Wish I had the money to buy the company.... just so's I could fire each and every moron in HQ Houston.:D

Yeah, it's especially dumb on hazmat chemicals. But these are corporate type folks who "know better" than dumb ol folks who have been in the industry for years. All that matters is what looks good on paper..... and they're worried about their jobs right now since Bud Adams the owner passed away. http://www.adamsresources.com/

Wish I had the money to buy the company.... just so's I could fire each and every moron in HQ Houston.:D
Your wish may come true for them corporate folk, When the bean counters add up all the torn up fenders and out side tank damage due to cheapin out on the tires

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread