Here's one practical approach to saving AMERICA

Doc.T1977

Dear fellow Americans

I know that we are in a dire situation, and that we appear to be in the process of being sold out by the corporations and our government. Here are a few ideas on how we can say no to it all.

First, I recommend re reinvest ourselves into fellow Americans. I am saying for your eating needs, why not go to a Farmers Market and buy your food there? Chances are our AMERICAN farmers that are there could use our money and it would not be going to a large corporation or China. I am growing a Garden and that is what I will use as part of my food source. You can also keep some of the seeds from your own Garden Harvest to replant next year. There are alot of you truckers out there. If you can, encourage as many farmers as possible to set up farmers markets and we can then reap from all our rewards.

When it comes to clothing, Look for the "made in" label. If it says Made in China, then it should go back onto the shelf.

Rather than going to Wal Mart, I recommend going to family owned shops or at least something "other then Wal Mart". What we need to set our mind to is keeping things as American as possible. Free Trade cannot work if we can just stick to this.

When it comes to refuelling your 18 wheeler or the family car, Refuel it with anything other than Exxon Mobile.

WHen it comes to life in general, Let's get rid of complications and get rid of our debts. After we do this then we should leave complexities behind in favor of a basic lifestyle.

If you have a suggestion, then please reply.

Thanks,
Doc

I am already there. We are trying to be self sustaining communities; community gardening/canning/freezing/solar drying/; share farming; growing all locally; freecycle.org; folks! & I belong to Yahoo groups fiftyplusandkids; which gives GREAT info re farming; all organic; even dayschool kids being taught to garden organically; garden plots here at elementary schools for folks to grow in; advocating gardens of HOPE: helping other people eat! front yard gardens; don't have to use GAS to mow! Do NOT use genetic seeds folks: lableled warnings in most countries but USA; frugalmomsliving; great tips for saving $; we have numerous recycle things; give & get freely; bypassing middlemen completely; garage sales that charge nothing take what you can use (recycle ones); personally with the above loan sharking rates okayed by Congress which is illegal; while I would certainly not advocate doing anything illegal; it would be great if those credit card companies all received letters with death cert's saying person was deceased; hit them where it hurts! But that is just a fantasy;

however, re Walmart: i get generic pills there for $4; & they make $ off of it; everywhere else I would pay $38.00; our Gov has 2 extremely well paid lobbyists for each Congressperson from the drug companies who actually pay physicians to write THEIR products prescriptions irregardless of side effects; Gov was extremely angry at Walmart for giving us $4 generic pills: cuz it exposed the fact we have been overpriced for meds for years; made hundreds of trillions of $ off us folks; they also were the 1st on the scene after Hurricane Katrina with supplies & no expectation to make any profit FOR the PEOPLE of this country; I buy there school supplies when 10 Cents each for notebook paper, 10 cent notebooks, etc; school supplies & give to the schools to give out freely; many of us do; because they make it so affordable to do so when school starts & it's simply to help the families with kids out; its only $2.40 for 24 notebooks; $1 for 10 packets of loose notebook paper; I can afford a little not much I am on disablity; but other than that I don't buy there. I grocery shop at locally employee owned markets; books I get from paperbackswap.com; make own laundry soap; use microfiber made to use without chemicals; even on floors use vinegar & water to clean with couple drops of essential oil lemon is my favorite; makes house smell great & no chemicals & no corp getting my $!

I am already there. We are trying to be self sustaining communities; community gardening/canning/freezing/solar drying/; share farming; growing all locally; freecycle.org; folks! & I belong to Yahoo groups fiftyplusandkids; which gives GREAT info re farming; all organic; even dayschool kids being taught to garden organically; garden plots here at elementary schools for folks to grow in; advocating gardens of HOPE: helping other people eat! front yard gardens; don't have to use GAS to mow! Do NOT use genetic seeds folks: lableled warnings in most countries but USA; frugalmomsliving; great tips for saving $; we have numerous recycle things; give & get freely; bypassing middlemen completely; garage sales that charge nothing take what you can use (recycle ones); personally with the above loan sharking rates okayed by Congress which is illegal; while I would certainly not advocate doing anything illegal; it would be great if those credit card companies all received letters with death cert's saying person was deceased; hit them where it hurts! But that is just a fantasy;

I strongly recommend everyone sign up on The Freecycle Network
I help a lot of families out on there from my area by giving away our kid's clothes that they out grow. Or just things laying around the house that I have no use for. For instance when my father passed away I gave his walker away to an elderly person that could not afford one. I have given away entertainment centers, microwaves, books, clothing, mirrors, pictures that you hang on the wall, household items to people who have had homes burned down and lost everything. The possibilities are ENDLESS on this site. Truly amazing honestly what other people give away on this site. So sign up for your areas and see what you can use or give away to someone in need. I meant to post about this site a while back but forgot, thanks for reminding and posting it. We actually saved a pot belly pig's life LOL and found the naughty thing a new home so the other owners wouldn't do something horrid to him. Truly an ODD experience and rather dangerous cause the pig attacked the hubby. Was funny though!

Also the other day I stopped at a yard sale after I left the bank. An elderly couple were hosting it. Well I found a couple items and just had a 5 dollar bill on me as the smallest bill. I handed it to the woman and asked if she had change for a $5. She didn't and the things I bought from her did not equal $5. I looked around for another item that was for a quarter so it wouldn't look like I was just giving her the money.

When I told the woman to keep the change she smiled, seemed very happy and surprised proceeding to explain to me that she had to have surgery the following day on her knee and was trying to get the money for gas to go. I asked which hospital and come to find out it was only like 15 miles away if that. What exactly is American doing? Seriously having to hold a yard sale to get 30 miles round trip and having to worry about it at this woman's age is a bit much.

Also the other day I stopped at a yard sale after I left the bank. An elderly couple were hosting it. Well I found a couple items and just had a 5 dollar bill on me as the smallest bill. I handed it to the woman and asked if she had change for a $5. She didn't and the things I bought from her did not equal $5. I looked around for another item that was for a quarter so it wouldn't look like I was just giving her the money.

When I told the woman to keep the change she smiled, seemed very happy and surprised proceeding to explain to me that she had to have surgery the following day on her knee and was trying to get the money for gas to go. I asked which hospital and come to find out it was only like 15 miles away if that. What exactly is American doing? Seriously having to hold a yard sale to get 30 miles round trip and having to worry about it at this woman's age is a bit much.
I've yard saled for years,
we use to joke about it.This is the house of yard sale and flemarkets.
I also collect things. or use to.
friends of mine do the buy and resale thing. They do pretty good.
They are retired and buy for a month then sale.
I'm not going to doubt anyone but on a bad day stories fly to unload the stuff so u dont have to repack.

Re: Solution

Your have some really good ideas but...there is always that but, You have to have money to be able to pay off your debts. I don't know about anyone else but it takes all of my income to pay my bills, buy groceries and put fuel in my vehicle to get to work the following week. There is no such thing as a little extra money.
I agree 100 % that we need to stay away from foreign made products and only buy and support American made products. As far as Farmers Markets that is a wonderful idea. Alot of older people grow gardens & sell their vegatable & fruits to supplement their income because that is the only way they can survive on a fixed income.
What has our country come to? I believe that when our Government got http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYOEUS involved and took alot of our Religious rights away, our Country started on this downward spiral and it will continue until we bring the Lord back where he belongs. We need to stand up NOW and take our Country and our rights back before it is to late!

View attachment 9398

Dear fellow Americans

I know that we are in a dire situation, and that we appear to be in the process of being sold out by the corporations and our government. Here are a few ideas on how we can say no to it all.

First, I recommend re reinvest ourselves into fellow Americans. I am saying for your eating needs, why not go to a Farmers Market and buy your food there? Chances are our AMERICAN farmers that are there could use our money and it would not be going to a large corporation or China. I am growing a Garden and that is what I will use as part of my food source. You can also keep some of the seeds from your own Garden Harvest to replant next year. There are alot of you truckers out there. If you can, encourage as many farmers as possible to set up farmers markets and we can then reap from all our rewards.

When it comes to clothing, Look for the "made in" label. If it says Made in China, then it should go back onto the shelf.

Rather than going to Wal Mart, I recommend going to family owned shops or at least something "other then Wal Mart". What we need to set our mind to is keeping things as American as possible. Free Trade cannot work if we can just stick to this.

When it comes to refuelling your 18 wheeler or the family car, Refuel it with anything other than Exxon Mobile.

WHen it comes to life in general, Let's get rid of complications and get rid of our debts. After we do this then we should leave complexities behind in favor of a basic lifestyle.

Thanks,
Doc

View attachment 9398

I have one

Yard sales are good, always have been always will.
But if we really want to save the Country,
DRILL!
We have the oil
build the pipelines, also will give jobs to Americans.
Keep it here!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand alot of our factories and mills are pretty much falling down from sitting empty and idel for so long. Since middle class is gone and poor means BROKE. I belive the upperclass meaning RICH.You know who they are. Should be retaxed.That money could be applied to the rebuilding of our country.I belive the oil people alone could refurbish a great portion of this country, Now if you add every other fat c.e.o.We might be able to pull it off. Just think Jobs work fair trade amoung americans.
Which also applies to the trucks.
As I stated befor.
DEAR GOV. stay out of our trade.
Let us work!
If you feel the need to subsidise find another place, KEEP IT OUT OF TRUCKING, YOU ARE DISTROYING US!
And what you are doing according to everything I have been reading is not legal!
If we struggle so should all the big guys. If u want to subsidise it should be the smaller trucking co. and the Inpep. what You are doing is deneying us the right to work.we can do what landstar ,hunt ect does. If need be we can be one under co-op.
fair open bidding on Gov. jobs. Indep. party to decide on who gets the job.
and all the things I stated befor.
As a Citizen of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, I Demand The Right Given To Us The Right under equal Rights To Work.

Doc, you have great ideas but...Lollybel is right, most people live paycheck to paycheck. The thing that really makes me sick in all this mess is, their are millions of Americans suffering loosing everything they have worked for all their lives, their are some who are fighting with everything we have to try to make a differnece or fighting for their very survival. Then there are those with a little money who find all this mess only an inconvience. Then there are those with that attitued of "Their ain't nothing you can do." For the ones that find it an inconvience I say, "if this continues YOU WILL feel the fallout" and for the ones who think there is nothing you can do i say"If we do nothing then nothing will change" A good example; My brother owns his own used car dealership. This March when people received their income tax checks, he said he had the best year he had ever had in the business, people are buying used cars instead on new. Now what happens in a very few months when people can't make their car note on all these cars? Then maybe he will understand where i have been coming from....Until it impacts someone they don't seem to want to see what is coming. For all of you who stand and fight with me God Bless each of you, lets show these people WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I am in full agreement with you

Doc, you have great ideas but...Lollybel is right, most people live paycheck to paycheck. The thing that really makes me sick in all this mess is, their are millions of Americans suffering loosing everything they have worked for all their lives, their are some who are fighting with everything we have to try to make a differnece or fighting for their very survival. Then there are those with a little money who find all this mess only an inconvience. Then there are those with that attitued of "Their ain't nothing you can do." For the ones that find it an inconvience I say, "if this continues YOU WILL feel the fallout" and for the ones who think there is nothing you can do i say"If we do nothing then nothing will change" A good example; My brother owns his own used car dealership. This March when people received their income tax checks, he said he had the best year he had ever had in the business, people are buying used cars instead on new. Now what happens in a very few months when people can't make their car note on all these cars? Then maybe he will understand where i have been coming from....Until it impacts someone they don't seem to want to see what is coming. For all of you who stand and fight with me God Bless each of you, lets show these people WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I am fully in agreement to all you have said. I do live paycheck to paycheck as a Security Guard in a Mid Missouri mall. I am just trying to come up with a few ideas that may help bring the costs down. As far as debt goes, I do struggle with that and I have opted out of buying other luxury items so that I can begin to pay some off my loans. My rent is being raised and my hours are going down at work because the customer base or foot traffic is on the decrease inside the mall. This means budget cuts and the security department was the first one to get cut. When I went from 40 hours, to 27 hours, Yeh, that meant we had macaroni for dinner and that's it. At this point I am drawing for straws.

:banghead:

Dear fellow Americans

Thanks,
Doc

Made in the USA

made in the USA - Google Search

Everyone, when you find something made in the U.S. add it to the list.....

Buy a bike....

Made in the USA

made in the USA - Google Search

Everyone, when you find something made in the U.S. add it to the list.....

I just happened to think ..... U.S. companies aren't doing us any favors either. Want we need to do is buy only food and the other things we need to survive. and while we setting at home contemplating our navels, call, and email our lap-dog legislators and tell them to start looking for another job with the oil companies ...... wait a minute, they already work for the oil companies. O.K. buy a bikecycle, and start learning to speak Chinese then.

Big Push for Big Oil | Center for Media and Democracy

I just happened to think ..... U.S. companies aren't doing us any favors either. Want we need to do is buy only food and the other things we need to survive. and while we setting at home contemplating our navels, call, and email our lap-dog legislators and tell them to start looking for another job with the oil companies ...... wait a minute, they already work for the oil companies. O.K. buy a bikecycle, and start learning to speak Chinese then.

Big Push for Big Oil | Center for Media and Democracy

Well wish I could ride a bike.........but that wont happen.
And I wont learn Chinese, or at this point even eat it.....
A few post ago I mention people buying up around here.
Well one is China, and they are paying cash.......
Bank of America is backed by China, so I've been told.

Well wish I could ride a bike.........but that wont happen.
And I wont learn Chinese, or at this point even eat it.....
A few post ago I mention people buying up around here.
Well one is China, and they are paying cash.......
Bank of America is backed by China, so I've been told.

Just wait until we give them 700 Billion... We wont own shit!:paddle:

Just wait until we give them 700 Billion... We wont own shit!:paddle:
I'm not giving them anything, and it's wrong for the Gov. to overstep the rights of the people.
This is not something that they should have the rights to do, it should have been put to a vote by the people for the people.

I'm not giving them anything, and it's wrong for the Gov. to overstep the rights of the people.
This is not something that they should have the rights to do, it should have been put to a vote by the people for the people.

I agree with you girl.;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread